Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Irresponsible Video?  You decide

Wow, I just discovered, based on Timelord´s post, yet another great display of promoting laser safety to kids on YouTube (under timelord52)! Oh man, it´s too funny. It reminds me of that old Saturday Night Live skit where Dan Ackroyd promotes various dangerous toys for the upcoming Christmas shopping season and encourages parents to buy stuff like plastic bags and dynamite for kids. Great stuff. The ending is the best! lol.
I think I´m going to buy stock in Bausch & Lomb!

P.S. Hopefully this post actually makes it to the forum.

Timelord said:
I was banned by Steve for making a thread about dragon lasers in DECEMBER 5th 2006 so the loyal sheep over the STEVECOMMUNITY who think that flaming me and others on our forum is gonna win them brownie points with the dodgy china man are deluded again  ;D ;D ;D I've never seen so many brown noses on a forum in my life!!!!!!

100% agree with you.  Its ridiculous how much sucking up is happening over there.  I even commented on that in the post.

Geolaserest said:
it´s about the message the video sends to others not as experienced in the hobby.  Noob hit it on the head, really.  

honestly if kids don't want to get the "wrong message", they should get off youtube.  There are a bunch of videos of guys getting kicked in the groin on youtube.  I don't believe that can be good for the groin.  I think it's sending out the wrong message for our children today.  hmm maybe I should start a longgggggg debate about videos of guys getting kicked in the groin.   :mad:

I find it laughable that one would look on youtube for safety videos

Me too Lazy,
Yes, true, there are guys getting kicked in the groin on Youtube. But it´s kids doing it to kids I imagine ( I hadn´t seen those so I´m not positive on that) and it´s pretty much common sense to know not to do it. But lasers on the other hand aren´t common sense. Not many people really appreciate the power of them nor are they aware of issues like IR etc. I´m afraid your argument carries little, if any, weight and is irrelevant. But hey, you tried.

lol now you're just trying to dimiss my point so that you can continue on with this pointless debate.
1) There are videos of adults getting kicked in the groin.
2) Are you saying that it's not common sense to not point ANY lasers into ANYBODY's eyes? If you are, Darwin says he deserves to be blind.
3) You haven't come up with a witty remark to rebut my last point about how only stupid people would look for safety videos on youtube.

I think it's game set and match right here.
if you find getting kicked in the groin farfetched, I can come up with others.
I used this point to stress how stupid and funny this is.

T

timelord

This is the kind of pointless debate that mostly goes on at the LASERCOMMUNITY well you don't win lasers or get to lick chinese arse here, to many member over there have shit on their noses ;D ;D ;D

I'm posting a thread of me testing my laser (Aries 225) in a hall of mirrors on a kindergarten field trip day. You know what? It isn't even illegal, and there is nothing you can do to stop me if I chose to be that stupid.

Right or wrong, he can post whatever he likes. Freedom of speech and expression is the law of the land. It isn't for YOU to censor what ANYONE does as long as it is legal. Post your opinion, but no one has to agree with you.

S

SenKat

Geo - is your sole purpose here to try to aggravate people and create arguments? What is actually your purpose here? I accepted your apology, and yet you continue to post argumentative crap. I'm moving this topic to the "other" section since it seems like your only purpose is to argue with people. My post on you tube was never for the purpose of promoting laser safety - nor was it even remotely to promote lasing airplanes like you see fit to use as an example. The purpose of my video was to show that there is something else you can do with lasers other than wear pocket protectors, chem. suits, gas masks, welding helmets, and make fun of what you assume is irresponsible. It was to show that people can have FUN with lasers. I make no assumptions about the level of intelligence of others until they post drivel. Then it confirms many thoughts that roll around in my head. Oh, and before you or anyone else even says it, yeah - my typing sucks, I have worn out many a backspace key cause the fingers just don't work fast enough on the keyboard.

I have not ever made any safety videos - nor do I intend to. Have you? Let's see some videos that you have done to further people's interest into the field of lasers. Let's hear some constructive comments on others work, or some help to those that need questions answered. Let's see something constructive from you, period.

Get over the video. I do not regret making the video - if youngsters or irresponsible people watch that video, and get ideas in their heads then that is between them, and their little brains. Ever hear the term that guns don't kill people, people kill people? Ya - same thing applies here. Lasers are not harmful by themselves; it takes an idiot pointing it at his eye, or someone else's eye to do damage. It takes idiots to lase airplanes - I already had this conversation on a different forum where a 39 year old idiot was shining lasers at passing cars. I suggest you go read up on that conversation. People may see a video of someone igniting matches with a laser, and then go buy a laser and do that, and burn down their house in the process - does that mean we should blame the maker of the video? Aim your criticism wisely, and chose your targets a little bit better. Yeah, I'm not so nice when I get pissed off - I let this topic go, because everyone deserves a fair shake when it comes to voicing your opinions, but you have outdone yourself. Yeah - was this a contest to see if you could piss off Senkat? Well, join the club of the clueless that have already been there before you. I am rescinding my acceptance of your apology, as it was not given in good faith, nor was it meant to be sincere.
I have never left my lasers sitting out where the un-knowing can get a hold of them and lase a window, or whatever like you did. I would NEVER do that. So, as the saying goes, people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. Now – opinions are welcomed on this, and many other forums – but opinions cease to be welcomed when you try to cram them down peoples throats. Then it becomes tiresome to reply to them, makes people upset, and runs off people from the forum that can catually contribute to the forum, or have genuine questions, because all they see is a bunch of people yelling at each other like a bunch of 3rd graders. Knock off the ridiculous crap. Oh yeah – GREAT taste, putting the phrase, “P.S. Hopefully this post actually makes it to the forum.” When has any of your posts ever NOT made it to the forum ? I do not censor posts on here unless you are acting like a child, posting profanity every other word like former members.

I am done with this thread !

Re: Irresponsible Video?  You decide

Geo.
How many times on the net have you seen a skateboarder break a limb grinding a rail, a skijumper missing a landing, a BMXer missing his landing, how many bones has Eddie kid broken in his life? How many people each year die from smoking? If I told you to stick your hand in boiling water, would you do it???
You really should get off the moral highground, people have free will and if they want to take risks, then that is up to them. If they want to show themselves taking risks, then that is up to them.
Its entertainment and thats all it is. Perhaps everytime you see a stuntman falling down some steps or crashing a car on a movie or on TV, we should include a "dont try this at home" disclaimer.

I think you underestimate peoples intelligence.

jase

Censorship.. maybe not.. lol.. but how about moving this over to the Safety section instead? Seems like it might make more sense over there. Hmmm.

S

SenKat

No - it is completely off topic - irresponsible video is not safety related, it is an attack on someone, and you have proven that through your continued posting.

Geolaserest said:
Censorship.. maybe not.. lol.. but how about moving this over to the Safety section instead?  Seems like it might make more sense over there.  Hmmm.  

hey stop ignoring my post!

T

timelord

GEOLASERIST!!!!!!!!!! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE BEEN BAD MOUTHING ME IN OTHER FORUMS WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

S

SenKat

Locking it down.....I shoulda locked it long ago, my appologies, folks.