Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IR filter and cap for leadlight

Here is an idea someone else came up with for a cap to the leadlight and similar size lasers, my idea was to add the filter.

Attachments

• Cap_and_IRC-21_filter_12_mm.JPG
    Cap_and_IRC-21_filter_12_mm.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 514

Not the prettiest thing in the world, but you can stick it in your pocket without getting the laser lens all dusty... :)

S

SenKat

VERY good job on that ! On some (my 120mw Fleabayser included) that would be handy to have - if nothing else, I think the IR filter only takes like 5% away from the 532nm power - is that right ?

It is supposed to take away about 5% of the 532, but all the IR. Obviously power drops a bit. Some initial experiments I did with 2 leadlights and found a total drop of 11 percent. Fortunately, it is a reversible drop - just take of the cap...

You did a nice job making that. It looks very professional and should suit the purpose great. And like you said, it is removable when you want to use it without it on.

Neo

S

SenKat

Yes - it is VERY nice ! Great job - can you post the link for the place you bought the filter again, please?

S

SenKat

homers

This looks like it's probably Schott BK38 glass. It has a great cutoff for just this kind of application. Is there any interest in a 6-8mm dia version so that you can set it behind the metal head/cap instead of in front of it in the toothpaste cap? I may be able to come up with them. I'm looking into it now.