Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

introduce my commercial driver - MFX micro pen driver

Note: This product is currently sold only in my country of residence and cannot be sold to other countries. Please understand.

later if I can afford it, considering selling it through a shopping platform such as eBay.
------------------------

IMG_13062021_084155_(500_x_500_픽셀).jpg

IMG_13062021_084654_(900_x_1150_픽셀).jpg

introduce my commercial driver!

It calld "MFX(Megaforce-X)" driver.

It target the Suitable and super easy build pen laser pointer.

And it designed novice user friendly.
(Example, reverse input protect)

MFX driver support full customs tune up and mod it.

Current step up or adjust. if need more current, I'm tweak it the tuning it to give it more power. Default can handling 3Watt, tweak max 7.5watt - But the 7.5W full power tweak has a little bit of an unstable :(

Indicator lamp color setting - just need 3528 size color LED!

Tact switch or jump connector - It can be used for manufacturing industrial laser modules or laser pointers.

Easy fit host and system - The MFX driver is fully mounted on a laser pointer host assembly called "Easy fit host".
It does not require any adhesives and processing. Simply "tinker, fit, and tighten"

And, It can use both standard 12mm Aixiz laser modules and G2 or G8 or 3element lenses.

Driver support :
1. LED indicator - R,G,B or can selecterble other color. (3528 SMD)
- When people in my country ask me to mount an LED of any color they want, I am solder it and delivery it.

2. Reverse protector - It is perfect working over and over again anytime!
- It never break even if beginner's connect the power upside down.

3. Wide input range - 2 x AAA(3V) ~ 2 x lithium cells.(8.4v) Both are available.
- Of course, countless other voltages can also be used. 5v... 7v...3.6v... 3.3v...

4. Support many diodes - 405nm 445nm.... 638nm...660nm.
- However, when applying to the 638 and 660, it must be operated only with the battery, not the power supply - diode kill issue :(

Next, i will post how to make a pen pointer using this driver.

Thanks for watching my thread!

Where are you based if you don't mind? You can simply state country.

Where are you based if you don't mind? You can simply state country.
In South korea. But due to laser-related regulations and legal issues in other countries, product pricing and shipping charges, etc., we have not yet considered selling to other countries.

ppm, if you sell as kit, part of kit, alone, on selling sites, to other shops, then it is most likely doable. Now the shipping cost, you will have to research. Ask Smackitup here on LPF

ppm, if you sell as kit, part of kit, alone, on selling sites, to other shops, then it is most likely doable. Now the shipping cost, you will have to research. Ask Smackitup here on LPF
Thanks. But, sales conditions to other countries except Korea are rather difficult for me. Accordingly, I will think about selling my host & driver build kit far later. Thank you for caring me.

Instead, I will continue to upload builds and my works!

Giannis_TDM

Note: This product is currently sold only in my country of residence and cannot be sold to other countries. Please understand.

later if I can afford it, considering selling it through a shopping platform such as eBay.
------------------------

View attachment 72932

View attachment 72933

introduce my commercial driver!

It calld "MFX(Megaforce-X)" driver.

It target the Suitable and super easy build pen laser pointer.

And it designed novice user friendly.
(Example, reverse input protect)

MFX driver support full customs tune up and mod it.

Current step up or adjust. if need more current, I'm tweak it the tuning it to give it more power. Default can handling 3Watt, tweak max 7.5watt - But the 7.5W full power tweak has a little bit of an unstable :(

Indicator lamp color setting - just need 3528 size color LED!

Tact switch or jump connector - It can be used for manufacturing industrial laser modules or laser pointers.

Easy fit host and system - The MFX driver is fully mounted on a laser pointer host assembly called "Easy fit host".
It does not require any adhesives and processing. Simply "tinker, fit, and tighten"

And, It can use both standard 12mm Aixiz laser modules and G2 or G8 or 3element lenses.

Driver support :
1. LED indicator - R,G,B or can selecterble other color. (3528 SMD)
- When people in my country ask me to mount an LED of any color they want, I am solder it and delivery it.

2. Reverse protector - It is perfect working over and over again anytime!
- It never break even if beginner's connect the power upside down.

3. Wide input range - 2 x AAA(3V) ~ 2 x lithium cells.(8.4v) Both are available.
- Of course, countless other voltages can also be used. 5v... 7v...3.6v... 3.3v...

4. Support many diodes - 405nm 445nm.... 638nm...660nm.
- However, when applying to the 638 and 660, it must be operated only with the battery, not the power supply - diode kill issue :(

Next, i will post how to make a pen pointer using this driver.

Thanks for watching my thread!
Can you please provide specifications? Oscilloscope readings(P-P ripple at 20m BW limit, Rise fall waveforms etc), Basic efficiency calculations, Maximum rated current, Min-max voltage input, min-max vout and size (x y and z).

I see that you are using the classic + side current sense + opamp with a pot for the CC limit, If you are having issues with red diodes it's due to your selected CV ic not having a low enough minimum voltage output so it runs away when powering said reds, They operate on a 2-2,4v V.

Also, general tips if you do another revision: To improve ripple and transients, Don't have all of your output capacitance on 1 or 2 big caps, spread it across say 2 larger caps(in value) and a couple of smaller ones, For the current sensing use as low tempco resistors as possible( I recommend ones from Walter elec tech, Amazing although a tad pricy parts)

Can you please provide specifications? Oscilloscope readings(P-P ripple at 20m BW limit, Rise fall waveforms etc), Basic efficiency calculations, Maximum rated current, Min-max voltage input, min-max vout and size (x y and z).

I see that you are using the classic + side current sense + opamp with a pot for the CC limit, If you are having issues with red diodes it's due to your selected CV ic not having a low enough minimum voltage output so it runs away when powering said reds, They operate on a 2-2,4v V.

Also, general tips if you do another revision: To improve ripple and transients, Don't have all of your output capacitance on 1 or 2 big caps, spread it across say 2 larger caps(in value) and a couple of smaller ones, For the current sensing use as low tempco resistors as possible( I recommend ones from Walter elec tech, Amazing although a tad pricy parts)
thanks. i will try to improve the characteristics. Please understand that this driver is for commercial use and there is a risk of reverse engineering if too detailed is disclosed.

I don't have an oscilloscope yet. Instead, looking at what my partner measured...
1623673937372.jpg

1. Handling wattage : 3Watt. Current amount fluctuates according to input voltage.
(A bit unstable, but can be modified to handle up to 7.5W - lithium battery required)

2. Working Voltage : 2v~9v (recommend 3v~5v is best)

3. Operating : booster mode.

------------
currently, efforts to improve stability for driving low vF diodes are paying off.

a little current consumption low Vf mini LED is lit normally despite frequent on-off of the power supply. It is very happy things!:)

20200819_233906.jpg

Giannis_TDM

thanks. i will try to improve the characteristics. Please understand that this driver is for commercial use and there is a risk of reverse engineering if too detailed is disclosed.

I don't have an oscilloscope yet. Instead, looking at what my partner measured...
View attachment 72979

1. Handling wattage : 3Watt. Current amount fluctuates according to input voltage.
(A bit unstable, but can be modified to handle up to 7.5W - lithium battery required)

2. Working Voltage : 2v~9v (recommend 3v~5v is best)

3. Operating : booster mode.

------------
currently, efforts to improve stability for driving low vF diodes are paying off.

a little current consumption low Vf mini LED is lit normally despite frequent on-off of the power supply. It is very happy things!:)

View attachment 72980
It cant be boost if you want to power red laser diodes with it, It will blow any red laser diodes or if the CC loop tries to correct for that everything will overheat and most likely burn up, You really need a buck-boost if you want it to be truly universal, Rise curve is looking nice without any hiccups, I don't know about your claim of powering a numb 44 with a single cell and a boost driver, it needs about 4.5A at 4.5v, the battery is gonna sag up to 3.7v if its a good one and will be putting out about 6-7A. Hence why we use buck drivers with those, boosts are too inefficient and finicky for this. on that note, The frequent on and off you see is the power supply going into overload protection and saving your circuit. Again I must point out, nothing more than 4.2v should ever be used to power a boost in this context and powering red laser diodes properly is not doable with a boost.