Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interesting high powered green laser eBay

Yeah, totally not actually 1W. Guaranteed. Same old crap chinese marketing. Might be 400mW if you're lucky, and probably 1/4 of that is IR at best.

1W DPSS heads are typically several square inches in size and cannot be shrunken any. You need a 3W pump diode at least. In the host they used in the eBay ad you might get 15sec of run time before it overheats, haha.

The included goggles wouldn't even protect over 100mw and this is suppose to be a 1 w laser? Scary for the guy who catches an eyeful wearing that fake protection if it was truly that powerful.

Why would anyone care for 532 when there are nice 520 diode lasers now? and the color is much nicer too me and thicker beam. I would stay away from any "high power" laser u can find on ebay..

Last edited:
instead of the lucky dip i would probably save another 100USD and go for something like this SFAG-300 532nm Green it will be on spec for 300mW and you will get good customer service and also your money goes to a respected member here at LPF too!

Why would anyone care for 532 when there are nice 520 diode lasers now? and the color is much nicer too me and thicker beam. I would stay away from any "high power" laser u can find on ebay..

Some people might prefer to get 532 because they find the color more "appealing" for example. Others might prefer 532 over 520 because of the thinner beam. Heck, some people might even find 650 to be better then any yellow's out there! It honestly depends on a person's taste :)

-Alex

Last edited:
If you can afford to gamble/waste $100+ then go for it. I've brought lasers off eBay knowing it wouldn't be as described but I considered the fun I would have investigating it worth the few $s, plus then I got to have fun reporting their listing as misleading!

Did ebay give up on the <5mW rule? I'm aware that sellers side-stepped that, but they did so by listing high powers as <5mW.

jdawg

Did ebay give up on the <5mW rule? I'm aware that sellers side-stepped that, but they did so by listing high powers as <5mW.

As far as I know, any powers >5mw seem to be from international sellers. So I suppose sellers from China don't need to necessarily follow the laws..

and honestly why should ebay care? they make money on all these chinese power sellers anyhow, think how much they earn in a year its crazy amout of money we are talking about.

Encap

1W is a bad joke---you are lucky if it is 100mw to 200mw plus it will not have an IR filter

Typical Chinese fraudulent misrpresentations add an extra zero to the output power onto most everything on their web site---I assume so they can say it was a typo if caught. There are hundreds of sites that do this.

Buy a quality product from a reputable supplier instead of "the kings new clothes" based on make believe specs.

Last edited:
Yeh I've gotten one of these lasers they are shit 100mw of green plus that much Ir too based on heat

people need to learn if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.