Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

interested in a laser power supply?

im very involved with electronics and now im starting to get into lasers and im mostly interested in circuits for them and the various effects and other systems you can buy. i was currently thinking about making and selling a power supply circuit for any laser within the circuits limitations. the circuit i speak of is built into my Spirograph i recently made here------>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHOADtK7j38 its not a diode driver but it will supply power to any laser driver circuit like on mine it was 2.9V and the same circuit would also enable you to switch between flashing and normally on. and i plan on making many other "modes" for it to allow for more effects. lets say you make a Spirograph and yeah you figured out how to power your laser and put it through the Spirograph. that produces very interesting shapes but my circuit enables you to do that and slice and dice that shape however you like. i figure i could sell it like a kit and also assembled. to figure the power output i would have two traces or wires depending on the final mounting where you could vary your power output and read it with a power meter. if someone didn't have a power meter and was sure of a voltage i could permanently set it and add a switch for later changing the voltage and still being able to switch back to the predetermined voltage. i was wondering if any of you would be interested in this later on? this is after i make sure the circuit has a nice long life and is completely safe. the power supply will also plug into the wall and run on internal battery's or maybe an either or option could be a possibility. lots of possibility's what do you think?

I'm sure quite a few people would be interested in a pulsed driver.
But you would have to make sure you have no spikes in the Vf to the diode.

Also, you don't set drivers to V (to diode) they are set to current, the LD then only takes the V it wants.
If this driver was built using an LED flashlight circuit, your LD will have a very short life.

Due to your lack of technical info. in this post, A sign of lack of technical knowledge, generally., I'd say you have a long way to go before anybody here will buy even one.

Your best bet is to perfect it and send one to a knowledgeable member for evaluation.
If the results come back positive, then you are in.
GOOD LUCK!!
EDIT: I just re-read your post. It sounds like you are talking about a driver PSU? That's a whole different story.
If you want LD blanking, you do it in the driver, not the PSU.

Last edited:
all you said is true and yes my circuit is only supplying power to w/e drive you have installed on your laser. its basically turning the laser on off at desirable speeds you set to produce nice looking effects did you watch the video? and im having trouble getting this out on the forum this is my second thread in a new section wanna spread the word so i can get some good feedback? :thanks: