Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

instead of goggles...

Instead of goggles, could I hold a camera directly in front my eyes as I use a red laser than might be 150 mW? If not, what are some good goggles for a homemade dorcy that might be around 150 mW? I want to be able to see some red dot to be able to aim it of course, but not have to worry about damaging my eyes from reflections. I hear you can't see anything with the OD5 or whatever. Thanks guys ;)

S

SenKat

I'll let you know after I receive my Wicked Laser Shades....They are supposed to be a little less powerful than their sport elite goggles, so we'll see at that time if they are useful or not :)

Gazoo

RobTheVIP said:
Instead of goggles, could I hold a camera directly in front my eyes as I use a red laser than might be 150 mW? If not, what are some good goggles for a homemade dorcy that might be around 150 mW? I want to be able to see some red dot to be able to aim it of course, but not have to worry about damaging my eyes from reflections. I hear you can't see anything with the OD5 or whatever. Thanks guys ;)

The wicked lasershades are perfect for the red diode power we are playing with. You can burn up close but I still don't recommend staring at the light too long depending how bright it is and what you are burning. But you should be quite safe and can always see the red dot easily.

i have the normal red goggles from wicked lasers, they seem to work quite well, they make a pulsar p125 look like a cheap £1 red laser pointer..:)

S

SenKat

Hmmmm I think, if I recall correctly, that mine blocked EVERYTHING ! :( no fun there !

the fancy looking sports goggles do block everything, the cheaper lab-looking things are what i was referring to with making the pulsar look like a very cheap pointer that you expect to fall apart after 5 seconds...and it makes a 5mW red look like the tiny red glint of a laser about to die!

S

SenKat

Oh, okay, good ! Those are what I am expecting any day now then :) I was worried they would be much like the sport elite goggles, and block too much for me to have ny fun with them ! ;D

M

Mac

marianne said:
i have the normal red goggles from wicked lasers, they seem to work quite well, they make a pulsar p125 look like a cheap £1 red laser pointer..:)
same with a P100