Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Information Wanted, Please

Chrisman92377

Hello all. I am hoping that someone here can help me, or at least point me in the right direction. So, here is my current predicament!!

In 2013 I purchased a 1W Wicked Lasers Spyder III Krypton laser pointer from a eBay seller. I only used the laser when I would go out stargazing, and to burn/pop items in my garage under controlled conditions with friends. In 2014 I started dating a young lady who had a 8 year old son. I was aged 42 at the time. Because of his young age, and the curiosity that comes with it, I decided it was a good idea to sell the laser to completely prevent the possibility of him somehow getting ahold of it and injuring himself or someone else. Little did I know that WL would end up eventually crashing the sales and shipping of their handheld laser pointers to the US a few years later.

So, here I am now, 52 years old and single, and I really miss having my Spyder III Krypton on my stargazing outings. My question is; is there anyone (company or individual) that can build me a dependable and legitimate green laser pointer that is equal to, or more powerful than (not too much more powerful), the WL 1W Spyder III Krypton? Or is there a laser pointer currently on the market, available to me here in California, that is just as good or better than the Krypton? I really liked not only its power, but also the fact that I had the lens kit and expander for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Seffers93

Have you looked at Sanwu Lasers? They’re in China, but amazing quality. I just ordered their Pocket 445nm 500mW and absolutely love it. Definitely burns. Took a couple weeks to get it but well worth the wait. I don’t know what kind of options they have for 520 or 525 wavelengths (green) as far as power goes. Worth looking though.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
JLasers and Sanwu are probably the best two options right now, I own units from both of them and they are really great quality.

Sanwu also does have a nice beam expander too if you want that.