Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

INFO: PNP 22mm 6V/3A Convoy boost drivers for Nichia 520/525nm Green diodes!

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
So after quite a few builds, I’ve found some great Convoy drivers that work perfectly with the Nichia 1W-2W 520nm Green laser diodes.

This Convoy 6V/3A, 22mm boost driver comes in a 2 different colors/options; Purple (multi mode selectable/12 groups/sub options) and Blue (4 mode): but I have found that Purple driver works the best. You can set the driver mode to be at 100% full time, which is Group 1.12.

Here are pictures of the PURPLE 22mm Convoy 6V/3A Boost driver. Due to an incorrect shipped order, I had thought the Black driver was 6v/3A, however after further testing, trying to figure out why it didn’t perform as well as the Purple and Blue versions, I came to realize by DMM testing and via Convoys website, the Black 22mm driver is a 12V/2.5A boost driver.

Both of the Purple and Blue drivers work perfectly with Nichia 1W-2W (NDG7475 and NUGMO6 diodes, I set the mode to 100% full time)

With the LPNDG7475 diodes, I was able to obtain 1.2-1.3W optical output and 1.9-2.1W with the NUGMO6 w/ flat lens, both using the G8 and G2 lenses.

Attachments

• IMG_4292.jpeg
    IMG_4292.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4291.jpeg
    IMG_4291.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4164.jpeg
    IMG_4164.jpeg
    514.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4163.jpeg
    IMG_4163.jpeg
    572.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3800.jpeg
    IMG_3800.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

22mm Convoy 6V/3A boost drivers, Purple(12 Group) and Blue(4 Mode)

IMG_4163.jpegIMG_4164.jpeg
img_4165-jpeg.78098
View attachment 78099

Last edited:
FYI- The driver colors determine how many modes the drivers come flashed with.

How many mods does the black driver have and where do they sell them?
I recommend the purple driver. The black driver isn’t even posted on AliExpress/Convoy store. I ordered 10 of the purple drivers and I got some of those black ones, so I don’t fully know the stats on them, but they are 6v/3A drivers from my tests..

With the purple driver, you get your choice of 12 groups, which is nice to be able to set it where ever you want, you can set it at 50% if you have a diode you want to drive at 1.5A.. it’s very handy having the 12 groups.

With the purple driver, I was able to yield 1.9W with a G8 lens using a recapped NUGMO6 diode.. here’s the pictures. I actually have this laser for sale still.. $250 takes it.

Attachments

• IMG_4790.png
    IMG_4790.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
the best place to purchase any Convoy products, is directly from Convoy via www.convoylight.com . 99% of the product pricing is absolutely the lowest I’ve seen. You’ll have to buy a quantity of 5 drivers to even get close to the manufacturer website pricing. And all the other flash lights/accessories are priced considerably lower than AliExpress, and the Convoy website offers a variety of items you won’t find anywhere else.

Last edited:
Nice find!
Haha man I’ve been overpaying for all my drivers/hosts for sure… idk why I never thought to look up to see if convoy sold directly.. faster shipping, dealing directly with the manufacturer, and better pricing! Can’t beat it! There may be a few items that AliExpress has that convoylight doesn’t, but for the majority, the manufacturer website supplies my needs lol

Back