Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Important Value

Hi,
i want to have a green laser pointer. But i don´t know which laser. So I want to know which value are important. Only Outputpower, Beamdiameter and Beam Divergence? Or anything else?
And what is the differents between this and this?

Sorry for my bad english, I´m from Germany :rolleyes:
That why you can answer in German ;)

Welcome to the forum!

First of all, I would like to try and "point" you away from wicked lasers. We usually find their lasers to be underspec, and quite overpriced. Here on the forum, we like to order from Optotronics, Laser-wave, CNI, and Nova Lasers, since we find their products to be a more fair price, and better performing.

Were you interested in beam visibility? Are you planning to be able to burn with one? Or is this going to be more of cat's toy?

Have you considered which set of goggle you will use? (You were planning on using them, right?) ;)

-Tyler

Thanks for the fast answer. Now to my Laser: My Laser should be bright. The laser musn´t burn so much, and i would take the googles which I can buy at the shop where I want to buy my laser ;)
And what´s with this Laser? Which body has it, which beam divergence, ... ?
But i juast want to know why the "Pro-Serie" is more expensive than the normal serie.

Last edited:
Wicked's lower power ones (up to 55mW) were always over spec. And it sounds to me like you just want a "pointer." They're safer and cheaper than the high power ones and plenty bright if they're green. Stay at the 5mW level if you can.

Wicked's lower power ones (up to 55mW) were always over spec. And it sounds to me like you just want a "pointer." They're safer and cheaper than the high power ones and plenty bright if they're green. Stay at the 5mW level if you can.

I want a Laser which has a very bright and visible beam. And I think a 50mW is brighter (or more bright?) than 5 mW ;). Or have you a comparison?

5mW has a visible beam in the dark and is very bright in caparison with the red pointers. And, like I said, you have the added benefits of safety and low cost.

But can I see the beam in daylight, too?
And have you any pictures for me, where I can see the differents between a 5mW and a 95mW?

D

Deleted member 8382

go dealextreme and get their 50mW pointer. it's just 20$ and works great!