Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!....

I just ordered a ~100mW module from Mohrenberg! Man I can't wait to get that sucker!:drool: As a quick note do I have to solder the leads from the 9v clip to the board or is there something else I can get away with? and, If you could please tell me anyone, is there anything special I have to know about soldering a 9v clip to a board?:thinking::thanks:
P.S. I'm a COMPLETE soldering nub (as in I've never done it before...)

Last edited:

Things

Congrats.

Yes, you can solder it to a 9V battery clip. Usually it;s just red wire to red wire(+), black wire(-) to black wire, uness Moh used different coloured wires, in which case he would have marked.

Tinning the wire first makes soldering much easier, strip the wire, twist it, then hold the soldering iron to it, and apply solder, it should take to the wire easily. Do that for all the wires you want to join, and to join them, get a tiny blob of solder on the iron, then hold the 2 wires side by side, and bam, it's done.

Use electrical tape or something (heatshrink) to insulate it to prevent shorting.

Very informative! This painted a very clear picture for me for the process Thank you! :beer: