Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm sick of this!!!

im sick of my kd50 and its really shabby switch, it turns on when it wants to :mad: is there any way of taking it apart and putting it in a new casing with a new switch? so it becomes sort of a box style laser without a faulty switch? :-/ i should of bought a different laser :mad:

FORGOT TO MENTION: i have to keep pushing the switch or moving its postions very slightly each time i want it to start. Sometimes is wont start and i have to press the button REALLY hard to get this smallest amount of green :mad:

Switch

I now what I'd do, but most people don't have machining tools. :-/ Maybe you can get the module and driver out and put it in a flashlight or something :p

Switch said:
I now what I'd do, but most people don't have machining tools. :-/ Maybe you can get the module and driver out and put it in a flashlight or something :p
do u think it will work with 2 AA batteries? i was kind of thinking of hooking it up to a switch and a double AA battery pack :-/

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 232

Razako

freshert said:
[quote author=Switch link=1209896413/0#2 date=1209900340]I now what I'd do, but most people don't have machining tools. :-/ Maybe you can get the module and driver out and put it in a flashlight or something :p
do u think it will work with 2 AA batteries? i was kind of thinking of hooking it up to a switch and a double AA battery pack :-/[/quote]
It should work with 2 AA's but I would recommend trying to fix the original switch. It can't be that hard fixing a simple click on/off switch.

Razako said:
[quote author=freshert link=1209896413/0#3 date=1209904692][quote author=Switch link=1209896413/0#2 date=1209900340]I now what I'd do, but most people don't have machining tools. :-/ Maybe you can get the module and driver out and put it in a flashlight or something :p
do u think it will work with 2 AA batteries? i was kind of thinking of hooking it up to a switch and a double AA battery pack :-/[/quote]
It should work with 2 AA's but I would recommend trying to fix the original switch.  It can't be that hard fixing a simple click on/off switch.[/quote]
how can i fix the original switch? i put a spring where the positive end of the battery was touching the switch under the little hole and i made sure it didnt touch any of the sides. it worked a bit then stopped working again. i couldnt solder it on because i dont have a soldering gun

Attachments

• test2.JPG
    test2.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 180
Is this the Edwina or the Genuine New Wish they have?

I've got the New Wish on the way.

Dingers said:
Is this the Edwina or the Genuine New Wish they have?

I've got the New Wish on the way.
i think its the edwina from kaidomain. i bought it from ebay.

My one was iffy so I soldered the switch contact to the case....it used to just press against the housing, as the brass tarnishes the conductive path becomes tempramental....... I will say it does not click any more it is now just a momentary switch but it does work every time ;)

Regards rog8811

rog8811 said:
My one was iffy so I soldered the switch contact to the case....it used to just press against the housing, as the brass tarnishes the conductive path becomes tempramental....... I will say it does not click any more it is now just a momentary switch but it does work every time ;)

Regards rog8811
i dont really understand what u mean. could you take a photo of that switch? maybe i can do the same. :-/

No photo but I have done you a drawing ;)

Attachments

• KD50_switch_fix01.jpg
    KD50_switch_fix01.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 234
That is about it, you will need to scrape the brass housing (a pen knife does it well) to remove the tarnishing before you attempt to solder it.

Regards rog8811

Did you try it?
Did it work?

Regards rog881
* Edit... just re-read the thread and noticed this.....
i couldnt solder it on because i dont have a soldering gun

A soldering iron will not cost much from radioshack or a local hardware store and you will find all sorts of uses for it..... well I do anyway ::)

rog8811 said:
Did you try it?
Did it work?

Regards rog881
* Edit... just re-read the thread and noticed this.....
i couldnt solder it on because i dont have a soldering gun

A soldering iron will not cost much from radioshack or a local hardware store and you will find all sorts of uses for it..... well I do anyway ::)
i know a guy who lives down the street from me and hes like a computer technician i think. im going to ask if i can borrow his soldering iron or if he could solder the switch for me this saturday (when hes not busy). only thing is i hope he is at home when i ask him because i have to go to north shore (a tutoring program) early in the morning when im half asleep :-[ i cant buy my own soldering iron now because my bank cheated me on 35 bucks! they charge a lot when u overuse a bank acount. so i had to pay them 70 dollars. so poor now :'(