Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm screwed aren't I?

Well I was happily playing with my DX 150mw baton style and then it just stopped lasing. From really strong to nothing :'( The blue LED still works though :-/ I have even checked to see if any IR was there and none :'( Is the diode dead? It just stopped lasing instantly... It hasn't been 30 days since I bought the laser so does that mean I could get a refund? If so i'll use the refunded money and buy a nova lasers X series.... Please help me :'( It breaks a few days before the ban :'( I have never dropped it and I only let it get warm before turning it off...

Wesdaman14 said:
have you tried charging the batteries ?

My Thoughts exactly.. the batteries will just DIE and the LED will run but the laser wont .. check the batteries

keeperx said:
[quote author=Wesdaman14 link=1214408854/0#2 date=1214409751]have you tried charging the batteries ?

My Thoughts exactly.. the batteries will just DIE and the LED will run but the laser wont .. check the batteries[/quote]
with my 250mw red,it happens alot. it will be burning like hell,then just dim in 1 second. All ways coem to the conclusion to first check the batteries before any other step.

Razako

That happens with my RPL and protected 18650 batteries. It will be lasing happily one second and the next it completely shuts down except for a slight glow from the LED.

Charge the battery and see what happens.

Switch

Razako said:
That happens with my RPL and protected 18650 batteries.  It will be lasing happily one second and the next it completely shuts down except for a slight glow from the LED.

Charge the battery and see what happens.

I thought the protection circuit stops power completely at 0V :-/

Not much power at 0V. ;)

Deep depletion protection on protected NiMH batteries kicks in below 0.9V. Not sure about Li-ion cells.

Yay I charged the battery last night and this morning it worked again! :D The wierd thing is I haven't used it much but the battery still drained faster.... :-/

is your charger one channel?
i realised my charger is one channel for the two batteries... so it was done charging but in fact it was done when the first was done, the second wasnt full at all...
so my laser "died" when the non-full battery died...
so im charging them to full separately so that next time the charge should be around equal

Royal2000H said:
is your charger one channel?
i realised my charger is one channel for the two batteries... so it was done charging but in fact it was done when the first was done, the second wasnt full at all...
so my laser "died" when the non-full battery died...
so im charging them to full separately so that next time the charge should be around equal

Yeah lithium batteries get out of balance insanely quick (which is why my heli has a balance charger, it was a PIA when I didnt have one), however is they are nimh and nicd they shouldne be getting out of balance, I have some 5 year old nicd packs that have a boatload of the memnory effect but they are still nice and balanced...countless cycles.

How long did your batteries last you? and which ones do you have...the thing is that your greene is probably powered by a >0.5W IR diode probably over 1w which has a definitive contribution to the speed with which your laser eats through the batts...

Thanks
brtaman

This thread is filled with LOTS of suspense and it made my heart skip a beat. i feel your pain, i had to return my baton style laser, im waiting for it to make it to hong kong. :)

freshert said:
Well I only have one battery :-[
ALWAYS CHECK THE VOLTAGE !!! i always get out my multimeter and check the voltage on the batts,after i charged them. you never know what voltage that battery is at unless you check. that's how some laser break.

Wesdaman14 said:
[quote author=freshert link=1214408854/0#10 date=1214466524]Well I only have one battery :-[
ALWAYS CHECK THE VOLTAGE !!! i always get out my multimeter and check the voltage on the batts,after i charged them. you never know what voltage that battery is at unless you check. that's how some laser break.[/quote]
I would if I could but I don't have a multimeter (yet) :-[

freshert said:
[quote author=Wesdaman14 link=1214408854/12#13 date=1214487734][quote author=freshert link=1214408854/0#10 date=1214466524]Well I only have one battery :-[
ALWAYS CHECK THE VOLTAGE !!! i always get out my multimeter and check the voltage on the batts,after i charged them. you never know what voltage that battery is at unless you check. that's how some laser break.[/quote]
I would if I could but I don't have a multimeter (yet) :-[[/quote]
well you can get a cheapo multimeter at a shitshack near you. for 8$ you can get a analog multimeter.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...eter&x=3&s=A-StorePrice-RSK&parentPage=search