Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm pretty sure we will have dioides that can be pushed to 488nm or near it soon.

Not so long ago, we didn't have a direct green, now we do. The amount of new wavelengths available to us is since I joined the hobby is amazing. Hopefully Alex is correct and we won't have to wait too long.
o.png

so can somebody explain to me how one pushes a diode to a different wavelength? ive heard of pushing diodes by milliwatts but pushing by nanometers is a whole new thing to me.

Same way. Increasing the current and/or temperature leads to higher wavelengths. Some diodes are more prone to shifting, others are more stable.

D

Deleted member 16589

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so long ago, we didn't have a direct green, now we do. The amount of new wavelengths available to us is since I joined the hobby is amazing. Hopefully Alex is correct and we won't have to wait too long.
o.png

Please do not copy/paste other people's posts. You've done this twice with only two posts! Troll or spammer :tsk:

o.png

According to your join date you joined in October. What? That makes no sense lol.

-Alex

488nm diodes already exists i have 1 diode i was planing to do a build and always end up not doing it i talked to DTR to send him the diode to solder the driver since i was shaking holding the diode
and DTR was honest and told me its too much liability. it would be amazing if the prices could fall down on the 488nm' diodes :pop:
:lasergun:
the 473nm color is amazing

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

joeyss

If i leave my 473nm labby on which is a 10mw but peaks at 34mw and turn off all the lights in my room things start to get a green hue to the blue. I'm convinced 473 hits your green cones just like 532 looks slightly yellow after awhile and then you see that yellow vs a 520nm I theorized this before I got a 520 diode. I guess real blue is 455-465nm. But yeah 473 is still alot closer to real blue than a 445 which has that weird Blue but violet tint.

Last edited: