Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm on (forced) vacation

alennn

So because of some problems PayPal had limited my account.
I had to upload my nationality ID photos in order to restore my account.
But since I registered on PayPal before Croatia entered EU (and I think the rules were a bit looser then) that makes me under 18.
Of course, PayPal took all possible actions to make me unable to buy anything on eBay. And I can't buy from the ones that accept a credit card because there's a problem with my credit card. I'm going to the bank this week to see what's the problem but yeah, I'm screwed for now.
So be it!!! I will rather save up and be able to purchase next march because it's my 18th birthsday then.

Don't be surprised if there is nothing wrong with your credit card. Some credit/debit cards and many banks don't work with paypal. I have had this problem for years.

alennn

Not my problem anymore. I'll just make the damn driver myself. Thank godness I have a good electrical component shop close to me where I can buy directly. No need to wait for shipping. :)
And I will buy a couple of 16-22x dvd burners in hope to extract some nice LDs.
The only thing left to buy is a heatsink and lens for the laser but that's easy.
Just one question, I want to build a LM317T based laser driver, how do I know which trim pot do I buy? I already know what resistors to buy (Vout of the LM317T-1.25V/I of the LD in amps...