Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm going to build a 1.8W Laser, I'm AFRAID.

So you didn't understand me.
I'm not a stupid little kid, AT ALL.

Youve stated that a few too many times now. Any mature adult wouldnt write and point that out so loudly and incessantly. So, Im guessing you are a kid.

If you'll can help more someone, it will help.
Thanks.

Theres not much more we can do to help. If you are scared of high powered lasers dont get one. If you arent sure you can use it in a responsible fashion, dont get one. If you cant think about the concequences of your actions, including where the beam might go and what might happen as a result, dont get one. If you think you are likely to blind someone, or even yourself, through negligence most certainly dont get one. Period.

Read this: http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/hit-eye-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser-69469.html

Not saying you shouldn't be afraid, but it should be more of a fear from the respect from the power of lasers. I don't know you and I cannot know if you having a laser would cause problems, but from your posting you don't sound like someone who's ready for their first 1.8W 445nm

this is right on...respect/fear the power....just like with a gun...respect/fear should make you more responsible when handling it...if your not scared of the power you wont respect it and may do something irresponsible with it....i think the language barrier might be making this sound worse than it is

Last edited:
TheDukeAnumber1 - I have read it already. That's a biug reason for posting that thread here. Because I afraid from what happened to him.
Also, from my posting you can understand that I wanna learn about the high powered laser. That's not I'm going to direct to planes, to people, animals, or to blind myself. Be serious. On the contrary, if I'm asking that questions is from worring about my self.
Anyway, don't worry.

sneaton - I know bro. Maybe I made some mistakes with my 100mW, but it helped me to learn more and respect their power. I was safe, TRUST ME that I was. I was afraid to direct it to some buildings and some another stuff because of his power. ( 100mW )
Thanks for your help. The 1. 2. 3. thing helped me too. ( although I knew some of that )

grainde - Bro, what's your prob ?
I'm not a kid at all, and I'm not support little kids that they'll use a high powered lasers AT ALL.
This thread is for me, to know what I can do with that laser and what I can't. Because in my opinion he's A LOT different from my 100mW.
But know what ? I'll get one bro. I bought all of the part's for that laser.
I won't do any mistakes with that. You can trust me, and you can don't. I believe myself.

I see that my posts are'nt good for you. You're thinking that I'm a stupid little kid that asking stupid questions about a weapon called A 445NM 1.8W LASER. So yea, I know all of his implications, and I know that it's a really dangerous thing. Im a normal person like anybody in that forum that asking any question about lasers.
But ok, I'll stop posting here. Thanks a lot again. Lior.

I wish you good luck on your build, and make sure you post some pictures of the laser and beamshots as well!

Cheers! :beer:

Try not to get upset liorke95, we love lasers but try to prevent ppl from getting hurt, and we'll still help you with your build.

Good luck with it and like ryansoh3 said post pictures.

grainde - Bro, what's your prob ?
I'm not a kid at all, and I'm not support little kids that they'll use a high powered lasers AT ALL.
This thread is for me, to know what I can do with that laser and what I can't. Because in my opinion he's A LOT different from my 100mW.
But know what ? I'll get one bro. I bought all of the part's for that laser.
I won't do any mistakes with that. You can trust me, and you can don't. I believe myself.

I dont have any problem with you personally and I never said I did. Kids and high powered lasers are not a good combination and we get regular visits from ones wanting one.

Most of the info you require can be found using the search function and reading a little. The safety section has everything you need. You already knew most of the dangers of high powered lasers, but came here seeking assurance. That you can only provide yourself. Futher more it is not for me or anyone else to trust you, you as an adult are responsibe for your own actions.

Good luck with your build and be careful.

BTW nobody has mentioned safety goggles so I will. Please make sure you get a pair before you start your build.

Of course I've got ones.
I also have 2 pairs of goggles. so that's not a problem.

ryan - Thanks bro. I will, promise.
TheDuke - Don't worry. I won't do anything stupid. Thanks.
grainde - I knew everything. And u right about what u wrote. Of COURSE I've got 2 pairs of goggles. I'll be carful. Thanks again.

Nimoxp

I just wanted to say to the OP, that you are over thinking it and worrying way too much. I did the same thing. I just got my first high powered laser a few weeks ago. I had all the same worries that you are describing. Especially since the most powerful laser I had before was a 5mw green. So when I purchased a 1W Blue laser, I started to freak a bit while it was in the mail.

I'm 31 years old and have had small red lasers since I was 15. You kind of get an idea of how beams will bounce when youv'e played with them for so long. Just try not to worry. The main thing is to make sure you don't point it at your eyes or anyone elses. I wouldnt worry to much about reflections.

One thing I did to see where reflections would go was to put my goggles on first, and see where the reflection will go while pointing at different things. Then You can use it with out your goggles.(I'm talking about outside)

For example, I used to point my weak laser out my window all the time. So before I did that with my 1 watt laser I put on my goggles and pointed at my window outside. i could see that the reflection was bouncing back inside at me. I discovered that the laser must right against window to prevent a reflection.

So basically just test it when you first get it. I discovered that I rally don't use goggles much at all.(Keep in mind though that this is because I don't use it to burn stuff usually). I usually use it outside. If your going to be burning things then you will need goggles alot. It really depends on how you will use your laser and you will getthe hang of it very quickly and be quite confident. So just try not to worry. I did and it was for nothing. :beer:

Wow, much thanks dude !
You really helped me with that message . I hope to don't worry too much, but I'm afraid of high buildings that if I'll direct the laser to a window, and someone will go out in the same time ?
Things like that. Some objects that I won't know they will reflect the beam.
Anyway, I'll build it in the few close days. ( Tutorials on how to build, how to weld the driver and the diode + module, things like that, will be nice. )

Also I've got 2 pairs of goggles, so I'll be alright.
Thanks again ! :D

you weld your drivers? wow, talk about extreme. And if your so scared you will direct the laser at a building and blind someone, just dont do it, simple as that, none of us can magically protect the people in the building, imagine the scenario, there's a guy inside his house who knows nothing about laser pointers (or that yours is 1.8w) and he sees the blue dot on his window, so he goes to investigate, and bam, he gets hit in the eye. I really wouldn't recommend you shine anything over 100mw at a building, if you like seeing beams at night, get a 20-50mw green.

you weld your drivers? wow, talk about extreme.

Wow, this made my day. :crackup: :thanks:

I'm sure he'll be sensible enough to watch out for reflections and people.

Once you get the hang of having a ~2W laser, you'll be more comfortable.

Good luck and be safe!

Cheers! :beer: