Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i'm brand new to lasers and would like a nice one

Oh and thanks for the tip on buying off of people here. Really appreciate it. I'll definitely look into it.

It's really kind of a two sided situation. A lot of times members will buy lasers off of random chinese sites, basically taking a risk. If the lasers turn out to be overspec, often they are sold for more than the purchase price, or even more often just kept.

On the flip side, a used laser, like a used car, doesn't exactly keep it's price well. Especially if the person selling isn't able to actually LPM the laser.

With the 200mW transformable I bought recently... I'm taking a risk... owner doesn't have LPM, but i figure if it's even half way up to spec it's good enough for the price. If this laser was not from o-like I wouldn't take that risk though. O-like isn't perfect, but it's one of only two relatively cheap chinese companies that actually stands by their output claims.

The beamshots in that review are real. The quality of the beam depends a lot on ambient lighting though, and also on particulates in the air. Even a 5mW laser will produce a visible beam in fog at night, with no light on around.

Last edited:
Oh wow, so it's definitely a pretty risky business. Well as long as the laser on O-like that you recommended is a true 50mW (which I'm assuming it is...hopefully lol) I want it because even if it's only a 50mW and not overspec your pics sold me on the beam visibility of 50mW lasers. So if it's overspec I'll be extra happy=]

You should be quite happy with that laser;)

Just a reminder... this laser WILL DO DAMAGE to your eyes if you're not careful with it... so use common sense with it, don't shine it around randomly.

Have fun:beer:

so i went to purchase the laser and check out and at one of the steps it said "We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping. Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown." and below that said "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use. If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance. (Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)" does this mean that they won't be able to ship the laser to me in New Jersey at all? also, the only payment option appears to be PayPal. they don't accept credit cards, debit cards, money orders, or checks? i already emailed them with these questions, i'm just wondering what you think Infinitus.

Hmm, when I ordered the options were pretty straightforward from what I recall. $5 for untracked, $8 with tracking, but by slow boat, and $22 for EMS.

They ship to NJ... since I'm in NJ;)

As for payment options, they do take only paypal, but that kind off protects you and them... even if you don't have a paypal account but have a debit or credit card, you can set one up or just pay via a card through paypal.

Btw, in the notes, you might want to put something along the lines of "=>50mW or refund."

Edit: Just logged in myself. Select the best way, flat rate option for $8. After that continue, and proceed to paypal.

Last edited: