Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Illegal laser store?

"This is based on 450nm blue light appearing 3.4% as bright to the human eye as 532 nm green light."

That is why I say they base them on apparent brightness, not divergence, scattering, or anything else. I don't see how I could have misread it?

You have to take the laser source into account. There is no general form you can use that can be each of these wave lengths. 445 at that power in a handheld will only come from a multimode diode. 532 at that power won't come in a handheld, but theoretically it could and it would be dpss. 405 absolutely won't come at that power in a handheld.

They don't say green is more dangerous, but someone who didn't know otherwise would come to that conclusion from their data. When you see that green causes flashblindness a mile away, but blue only causes it to 176 feet it is logical to think blue is much safer based on their "facts". This can be very misleading to someone who doesn't know much on the subject.

The reality is that a true two watt green would probably be more dangerous than the blue, but you will never get a 2 watt green from those china sites. You will be lucky to get 200mw. Because of the "facts" presented here though, someone might think their 445 china laser, which is probably > 1W, is safer and they can shine it on people as long as they aren't too close. Less than 176 feet away will just have a camera flash effect, further away than that is just a glare... yeah right.

I'm not against what they are doing, I just think they need to do some research and get their statistics correct before passing them off as facts.
Since you have concerns write to them here http://www.laserpointersafety.com/n...iles/461ae1d859ee748f4c9215184ecd1fdc-181.php and stop complaining to us, we can't do anything about.