Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

If Rudolph had a laser nose...

...would it be 638nm? 650? My guess would be 638 *(if it were a readily-available diode, that is)!

Anywho.....

I have some pictures to share! It's been a few weeks, so I have a handful of different setups. Some of my favorites (and most enjoyable to take) are of the 1st 'bunch' using a pentagonal shaped setup of first-surface mirrors, all at a near 45' angle. I ended up lifting these off the 'surface' (more 1st-surface mirrors laying flat on my desk) so I could shoot lasers up and 'under' the pentagon. In the middle, I have a small glass sphere sitting on top of a larger glass sphere (LASER SNOMAN?!). I snapped a pick with lights-on (flash) so you can see what it looks like.

Click for high-res :)

Sorry - over the cap - continued in next post.

Last edited:

GSS

I think Rudolph's nose is probably closer to 650:LOL:
It's always hard to pic a favorite, but liking 2148 and actually the setup pic is cool:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
This is a fantastic series of photos, Lew, they really turned out great! :cool:
Thanks for sharing them with us, I appreciate all the time you must spend in the set up of these shots. (y)

PS - I agree, Rudolphs nose is 638nm. :)

Wow, I see you have come up with some new setups. They look great and I appreciate you sharing them here. I hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Wow, I see you have come up with some new setups. They look great and I appreciate you sharing them here. I hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Thanks, Paul! You do the same.
This is a fantastic series of photos, Lew, they really turned out great! :cool:
Thanks for sharing them with us, I appreciate all the time you must spend in the set up of these shots. (y)

PS - I agree, Rudolphs nose is 638nm. :)
Much appreciated, BTG!
I think Rudolph's nose is probably closer to 650:LOL:
It's always hard to pic a favorite, but liking 2148 and actually the setup pic is cool:)
TY, GSS!
Wow! You should send a resume to the band RUSH.
Love me some Rush. Thanks, man!