Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Identifying leads of a quadrature photodiode

Hey Guys, I have a quick question for anyone. Currently I'm working on converting a discarded CD-ROM drive into an optical profilometer. I've built the necessary circuitry to amplify the signals and sum the quadrants of the photodiode but I can't find anything to help me identify the leads for the A,B,C, and D quadrants of the detector. is there any way anyone could point me to something that helps identify these? if necessary I can post a picture of the photodiode to help with identification. thanks!

heh, how good are you with macro photography? :can: All I can think of, maybe there are bond wires sticking out of logical places on the detector and going to visible ends of pins in the package.

I have a microscope at my disposal so a picture wont be a problem at all. however, it is being calibrated at the moment so maybe in an hour or two I can get a picture up.

Yeah, unless you can find the datasheet for the diode you'll have to eye ball it and see what's going on.

Back