Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Idea for "spec" polls on commonly bought models

I appreciate that. It does seem to be a logical thought. Looking at the poll now though, I think you would probably come to the conclusion to buy something else. However, it only shows 5 votes, and doesn't offer anything as to how the conclusions were made. I mean, does the owner have anything to measure the output or were they just diappointed and the actual output was fine?

These are the sort of things I feel you need to know about.

Another thought came to me whilst looking at the poll. What's to stop me just voting, even if I've never heard of this make but own a company with a different model, or just for plain devilment?

Proof is in the pudding and I don't want you to think I'm getting at you becaue I'm not. As I said in my first post, I think it's a nice idea, just implementing it has problems. I still think your heart is definitely in the right place though.

M
:)

Thanks, and I understand what you're saying, and I hopefully would like to believe none would stoop to that level, but even if a few competitor companies did false votes it wouldn't make as much of a difference once enough actual customers voted.

From the searching I did before I believe there are still many owners of the LED Shoppe 50mw Green that have not yet voted, so hopefully over the next week or so many of them will add their votes to that poll and we'll start seeing a "somewhat" more accurate overview.

(and I know that most members probally don't have a meter and simply make a judgement call on the spec level, so it isn't going to be a precise poll, but a general overview, so I know we need to keep that in mind also)

Last edited: