Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I thought dx trues had ir filters?

Every were i seen said that the true lasers do infact have an ir filter its just bad quality so anything above the true 50 is going to leak quite a bit of ir.

Well my true 5 could pop a baloon at 1 inch but it wouldnt at 4 inch so i kinda thought it was ir, i put my goggles in front of a camera and shined the laser at the wall and wow a very bright blue dot appeared from all the ir, its kinda weird, maybe i got one that they messed up and forgot the ir filter or the ir filter is really really bad?

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

JECS

it says in the description of all the dx greens that they have no ir filter

jrv

Both DX and KD are the ultimate at cost-removal. Don't assume it has anything unless they say it does; an IR filter costs money so I'd assume it's not there.

I don't think DX says what "True" means in the name so it probably doesn't mean anything. And, even if they did start selling lasers and had the stated output in visible light (i.e., a green True 30 mW that actually put out 30 mW of green) that wouldn't mean they put in an IR filter, only that they had as much green as the customer expected.

Abray

I've heard that they actually do have IR filters, they are just extremely weak. that's why they don't even bother to say that they have one.

but I thought they were supposed to work for the low powered ones, but I guess not!

So, it would probably be best if you had glasses for them i guess?

they state that they dont have ir filters to avoid any lawsuits

see
if u get a 30mw dx
and u find that indeed it has an ir filter
then GREAT

but if u thought that they had an ir filter and when u get it it does not have anything

the problems start for them :)

Yep that say that just so they dont get lawsuits, also i highly doubt these output the amount they say but for the price theres practicly no way to complain about them. I had just seen that these do infact have an ir filter but was just wondering why mine seemed to have none, unless it was an extremely poor quality but i heard that they work fine for anything up to the true 50.

I still dont mind though, the laser works great and all that "bonus" ir lets me pop a baloon, im not complaining.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D