Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

I think I fried my milos blu-ray

Best laser I've ever had. Every night I would put on a light show for my wife and I, call it foreplay. Well last night I apparently forgot to turn it off and it was on under the blanket with me. When I woke up it was HOT. Never felt it that hot. I turned it off and when I turned it on at work I thought the battery was dying. So I went to maintenance and got a new 9v. No luck the laser is putting out about 1/3 the original wattage and makes a funny cigar shape in the middle of the beam when I make it a 1" circle. :'(

Attachments

• MVC-890F.JPG
    MVC-890F.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 86

I hope it was one awesome night you had though! Must have been to not notice ol' bluray lighting the covers up :P

usakicksass said:
Best laser I've ever had. Every night I would put on a light show for my wife and I, call it foreplay. Well last night I apparently forgot to turn it off and it was on under the blanket with me. When I woke up it was HOT. Never felt it that hot. I turned it off and when I turned it on at work I thought the battery was dying. So I went to maintenance and got a new 9v. No luck the laser is putting out about 1/3 the original wattage and makes a funny cigar shape in the middle of the beam when I make it a 1" circle.  :'(

LOL, Now I've heard everything -- Laser foreplay

Now, I'll be spending an hour cleaning the coffee from my laptop after laughing/spitting coffee from reading that post

Mule

The battery not only lasted the whole night, the battery had been in there for about a week before that! Milos made a good battery electonics package I guess. I know thats a long time, huh.

Yeah, that looks dead to me :( That is odd that it fried like that, I have accidentally left a 16x diode in only an Aixiz module on for hours and it still lived, it was running at 200mA by the way.

Doesn't surprise me one bit.. Those particular builds use PS3 diodes, which are notorious for being terribly sensitive.

Just in case, I do NOT mean that in any way as a slam to Milos. He used what diode was available at the time, and made one heck of a nice build.

*EDIT*- Actually my desire for a PS3 has dropped because of that diode.. I may just wait and get an XBOX360 and the Blu-Ray add-on drive when it comes out ;D

Wow, I must say the laser was not intended for such "action" purposes under the sheets :-)) Must have been some serious "heat" going on :-))

Anyhow, I have serious lack of time for lasers and forums lately as some of you might have noticed, but I will offer my best service to you that I can. PM sent.

Glaserfan said:
Doesn't surprise me one bit.. Those particular builds use PS3 diodes, which are notorious for being terribly sensitive.

Just in case, I do NOT mean that in any way as a slam to Milos. He used what diode was available at the time, and made one heck of a nice build.

*EDIT*- Actually my desire for a PS3 has dropped because of that diode.. I may just wait and get an XBOX360 and the Blu-Ray add-on drive when it comes out ;D
My thoughts exactly. Which is why I never drove my PS3s at that level. I knew it just took a long period of use to kill it. At my levels I've tested for 7 hours straight use with no probs. Oh well. Bigger, brighter, and more money to think about. Buy my laser! (it won't die like milos) ;)

360freak said:
My red DX 200mW looks a little like that unfocused...is that bad?

I dont think so, I think its something to do with those diodes, apparently that type of diode always has a line through the dot, focused and unfocused .

Diachi

Back