Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I said what in the tarnation. A double beam laser, wahhhhohhh shaggy.

Commander J. Bloodmaker

So I recently purchased a laser from a seedy dealer on eBay, the famous Chinese lasers!!! Now me personally am always glad when they say " >1mw " and I get a pen at 250mw or so. I've noticed it takes a minimum of 100mw of any color really, some need a few more mw, but an average, to get a burn on a paper bag.

Well I bought this green pen, knowing it was going to be a baby burner when focused up. I noticed it was behaving weird. It was going a littler dimmer sometimes, then throwing out what looked like a weird concentrated wing. I was blowing smoke through the laser beam, when i noticed two beams, but only sometimes. Was like wasss guguuoing on up in this sexy little green thing. So I did what anyone of us here would do, I started taking it apart.

Upon further inspection, I noticed it was longer then all the other totally legal to import pens I had purchased. I was buying parts and doing it myself, then wanted to compare, and well people sell these things really cheap, and I'm a sucker for shiny things and laser beams. I also noticed it had a weird plastic like prefocus lens before the Gball I'm guessing focus lens.

Is this the crystal energizing differently because of heating. When it is warm, it will more then likely cast two beams. One will be the main beam and strong. The other is about 1/3 power, Not because of the lens. I can watch it morph ( the light shape) on the wall when I take off the focus lens( clicking on and off). Oh and the shape will totally turn 90 degrees, at random when starting( when clicking on and off). Either left or right, this diode is freaking weird. Did I just find alien technology? Are there Jupitarians making crazy hypnofrog diodes? This thing will still cut through a brown paper bag, with the main beam only, but still. With all that bleed off into a second beam and it still burns, the best >1mw laser I ever bought. Still not as satisfying as making my own though.

So does anyone know whats going on?

gazer101

I don't know of any green tri-beams, care to post a few pics?

Commander J. Bloodmaker

I just earned that privi a few minutes ago. I'll get some up tomorrow night. It's the crazest pen I ever seen. Is there a way to up load a video? I could show the strange morph it does too.

Commander J. Bloodmaker

Thats clearly a diss thats mode hopping into TEM01 or TEM10. Nothing special at all, its more like the opposite, bad alignment /overall quality causes instability.
It's a $10 pen, I wasn't even expecting the output it has. Very pleased it is not >1mw like the sticker says. lol. I can actually get it to burn pretty nice when I use a magnifying glass to focus the beam even tighter. I'm actually watching it right now and the beam is steady ( with the tiny 1/3 power beam coming off at like 10 degrees( just a guess, maybe more like 3 or 4) from the main beam, except for ever so often is dims then comes back. when the lens is off it will morph the light shape. It's still a really sweet pen for 10 bucks. Thank you for the explanation. I had never seen anything like that before.

edit:: although I really wish it was because of alien technology.