Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I plan on making a laser, any good?

You will certainly see the beam in a dull lit room and most definitely at night. Do not forget that you cannot run them continuously, maybe a minute on and 30 sec off. If it gets to hot you will blow the diode!
Read the "Stickies" while you are waiting for your parts to arrive, You will have about a 3 week wait!

Yeah I didn't think much about the cycle :| will look into that.
First I gotta make shore I can buy one , haha ;)

Really do appreciate your help :drool:

Oh yeah one more thing does it produce IR? If so I there anyway I can prevent this?
And is there better batteries I could buy?

Btw I brought those two already :) :) :)

Ok a little update, I have got the host, module, battries and charger now I'm just waiting on the dummy battrey which should be soon :). I have tested it out and it's is so bright I would hate to see what a 500mw laser would do gez. Still confused on whether I need IR filter or I don't or if they even produce IR. One other problem Laser Pointer Pen Housing Casing Host for 12mm Laser Module | eBay that one I am just having a trouble getting it to fit into each other, any ideas?
CHEERS!!!

9765-img-1614.jpg

You need one of these or a vice with teflon protected jaws. Make sure you line up the on/off button with the pocket clip on the second half with the insert already screwed in all the way before "Pressing" the alloy pieces into the sleeve. Do one piece at a time making sure you are pressing them in straight, you may have to stop and twist it a little and then start again, just take your time and get it right cos you only get one shot! Leave the module and top cap until last

9765-img-1614.jpg

You need one of these or a vice with teflon protected jaws. Make sure you line up the on/off button with the pocket clip on the second half with the insert already screwed in all the way before "Pressing" the alloy pieces into the sleeve. Do one piece at a time making sure you are pressing them in straight, you may have to stop and twist it a little and then start again, just take your time and get it right cos you only get one shot! Leave the module and top cap until last

Yeah I have got them in but need to be push all of the way in and I did it in the wrong order haha, so stupid when I wanna change battries it's gonna be a job and a half getting them out. The cap on the end should be screw on that would make life 100x easier. How would I get the battries out when changing? If cap is pushed all the way in?

That photo shows what I got so far and how far I got em in by hand :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 62
The alloy piece in the middle should unscrew so just take it off, press it into the other section, then press the module in and it should be right. Then you just unscrew it in the middle to change the batteries!
9766-img-1616.jpg

The alloy piece in the middle should unscrew so just take it off, press it into the other section, then press the module in and it should be right. Then you just unscrew it in the middle to change the batteries!
9766-img-1616.jpg

See there's my problem :thinking: my middle piece does not screw it fits REALLY tight so I'm gonna have a massive problem getting it apart. Always choose the wrong one :(

One other question the batteries I got and not protected and all of that shizzle. I really want some decent ones that are safe but have looked every where and can't find one, if any one has any hook me up :drool: (AAA)

As you can see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 57
Yes I see that but it should unscrew out the the piece with the on/off button in it? I have two from the same seller and they both do!

See on the photo I put up that the end where the push button is is threaded, yours should be the same. Try unscrewing it. If it is not threaded then you must have received a defected one. Contact the seller if that is the case.

See on the photo I put up that the end where the push button is is threaded, yours should be the same. Try unscrewing it. If it is not threaded then you must have received a defected one. Contact the seller if that is the case.

I'm pretty shore there is no thread what so ever, I'll have another look tonight about the bit you told me to unscrew. If there ain't I'm gonna ask the seller for one with thread. Thank you for the help!!!

OMG yes it does have an unscrew part it was on really tight can't remember if I put it in or was already like that haha all good now thank you !!! Now gotta put em tight.
What would I do without busman? :bowdown:

I really wanna know if a 50mw green laser produces IR? (Engough to cause damage) And if IR can still damage your eyes without looking at straight into beam?

Cheers.

I'm really pissed off with DX.com they apparently "sent" my placer holders 10440, that I ordered on 3rd of May 2014, over a month ago and still haven't received them even when I asked for tracking and to be sent together with other batteries (I have other batteries) and no way of emailing them so... I'm done with them now have to buy more. :banghead:

Ps: They are shit and was warned about but them didn't listen.

The IR content remains collimated and thus does not pose a serious issue. Some people will still bitch about it but if you exercise common sense then the IR content will not pose a serious issue (that is not to say it will be a non issue. Cheap chinese 532nm modules are unpredictable and it is possible the overall output is over 50% IR, however unlikely).

As for DX I have ordered from them once before and they where slow as all f**k. Package arrived eventually but it took over 2 months to do so. My advice is order from them only if absolutely necessary. Fasttech is a much better alternative. I have ordered from them on multiple occasions and all packages arrived in under 3 weeks.