Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need some translations

I'm having a shirt made with a silhouette of Samual Jackson from Pulp Fiction. I want the quote "English mother f...er, do you speak it?" on it. I want it in a different language though. Something other than Spanish. Can any of you help provide a legitimate translation to another language?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You can try one of the translator sites like google translate.

Using it to translate your phrase from English to Italian gives you this - Inglese figlio di puttana, lo parli?

You can try one of the translator sites like google translate.

Using it to translate your phrase from English to Italian gives you this - Inglese figlio di puttana, lo parli?

The problem sometimes is that those translation tools sometimes don’t give accurate translation. :)

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Well, I guess if that's true, the only thing I can think of is to use multiple sources and compare them, or find find a person fluent in the language that you want to use. :)

GSS

I can do Greek and theres a few members here from Greece too..
I swear Greeks swear the most of all nations.. Except my parents who never ever did..

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes as Jeff said, if you don't have access to someone who speaks Spanish fluently, then use multiple translation sources. Also reverse the translation and see if it changes the meaning. Sometimes Google Translator for example will automatically choose the most suitable words to make the translation based on context. However when you translate it back into English you'll notice that it sometimes changes the original word choices or even the sentence structure. Best to check and check again until you are comfortable that you have it right.
Edit: Realised you said something other than Spanish. Doesn’t matter, still applies to whatever language you intend to use.

Last edited:
I can do Greek and theres a few members here from Greece too..
I swear Greeks swear the most of all nations.. Except my parents who never ever did..

Greek could work and would probably really make people wonder wtf. It probably also has a lower chance of being easily translated by someone that would get offended by the F word.

GSS

Wow.. I just googled how to swear in Greek..
Imgur has Greek 101.. How to swear in Greek!!! Just wow!!

I missed this thread until just now. I miss the days when we talked about lasers. Oh, well. :LOL:

I missed this thread until just now. I miss the days when we talked about lasers. Oh, well. :LOL:

Lol. This is the OT area. I've had this short idea for a couple weeks and knew there's members here from around the world. I just need to decide on a translation to use.

Lol. This is the OT area. I've had this short idea for a couple weeks and knew there's members here from around the world. I just need to decide on a translation to use.

Yeah, I get it. It does have some humor involved in it. My guess is just get someone fluent in whatever language you decide on to give you the quote. There are members here fluent in English and another language.