Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I need help with my 500 me laser

Anando

Hi guys this is my first post here. So to the problem I just bought a new laser pointer when I was in Croatia and I was really thrilled to finally have a high power green laser pointer, But when I came home I charged the battery and gave it a run. But then I noticed that it was no heat coming out of the beam. I was really worried that it was broken and then I tried again but this time I put my finger on the laser and tried and then I felt kinda hot and after some seconds it stopped. I don't what the problem is the laser is working fine it's just that its no heat coming out of it. Btw it is an JD-851
481714977_149.jpg

Sorry for my English it's not my native language

Last edited:

Cel

Then it is under 100mW... do you see the beam at night?

It's most definitely not 500mW, because if it were, you'd pay around $300 for it, instead of, I assume 100-150 kunas :D

So your laser probably won't burn anything, but on the other hand, you got exactly what you payed for, a green laser. Just not 500mW one.

Out of curiosity, where were you in Croatia? I assume it was a summer vacation or something?

Anando

It's most definitely not 500mW, because if it were, you'd pay around $300 for it, instead of, I assume 100-150 kunas :D

So your laser probably won't burn anything, but on the other hand, you got exactly what you payed for, a green laser. Just not 500mW one.

Out of curiosity, where were you in Croatia? I assume it was a summer vacation or something?
Thanks for the answer. Yes we were in Tucepi

The < infront of the number 500 say's it's less then 500mW.

So it could be anything, but my guess is that it outputs 75mW.
You would need a LPM ''Laser power meter'' to measure the excect output of the laser if you want to know for sure.

Sinds this is your ''first'' ''if i read correctly'' ''high'' powered handheld laser, then even 75mW will look bright for you.
But when you see it next to a real 500mW green laser you will know and can tell the difference ;)

Here's a video that perhaps will help you a bit.

Last edited:

Anando

The < infront of the number 500 say's it's less then 500mW.

So it could be anything, but my guess is that it outputs 75mW.
You would need a LPM ''Laser power meter'' to measure the excect output of the laser if you want to know for sure.

Sinds this is your ''first'' ''if i read correctly'' ''high'' powered handheld laser, then even 75mW will look bright for you.
But when you see it next to a real 500mW green laser you will know and can tell the difference ;)

Here's a video that perhaps will help you a bit.

Ok, thanks but can I mod it so it becomes stronger?

Cel

Yes, you can: buy a new one...
or use duct tape to attach a higher power laser to the current one...

Last edited: