Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

I made a TEA laser

Brutus

This my second TEA laser, and although it isn't the best, it's still pretty cool. I have a video of it firing, and if I shot at a black piece of paper for minute or two, it would actually make a hole! It took me about 30 minutes to build and a couple hours to adjust the spark gap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8AVzZ_LcF0

Last edited:

BShanahan14rulz

My first laser build was a TEA. Came here and nobody knew what it was, so I just didn't talk about it.

It made quite a racket, but not bad for some foil, plastic bags, transformer, and random hardware.

LORDJET

Nice, i had considered building one of these myself a number of years ago. But never quite got around to it. I think it's pretty cool how you can get regular atmospheric pressure air to lase! :cool: Have you tried adding a mirror on one end to double the output?

Peace, James

anselm

So how come no-one here makes more of these, if they are apparently so simple to make?
So basically all I need are high voltage sparks and some tinfoil?

Looks like a cool DIY project to me, and it goes on my list of future builds.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

jcranmer

/me runs off to google T.E.A laser. :D

Hmmm....Looks deceptively easy. Anyone care to post a tutorial, before you read about a southern Indiana man who electrocutes himself trying to build a DIY laser. :na:

grenadier

Schmancy.

I've been wanting to make a pin-bar TEA laser for quite some time now, just never got around to it.

millirad

Nice work! Here is a Blue Dye Laser run by a DIY TEA project................