Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

i just finished soldering my diode and. . .

ok so i finished soldering up my first laser and the rckstar circuit board gets really warm but the diode does not light up at all. If i killed it wouldn't it at least be dim and i accidentally soldered to the bottom because i am dumb so i resolderd it on the top and i know the ground is to ground and the positive leg is to the positive spot. So as of right now i am unsure of what i did wrong do tou all think i have a fauly diode or circuit board or what. thanks.

i am using four AA's so that should be 6 volts. And the circuit board i orderd a while back was set to 150ma so it will last long.

daguin

explsvcookie257 said:
ok so i finished soldering up my first laser and the rckstar circuit board gets really warm but the diode does not light up at all. If i killed it wouldn't it at least be dim and i accidentally soldered to the bottom because i am dumb so i resolderd it on the top and i know the ground is to ground and the positive leg is to the positive spot. So as of right now i am unsure of what i did wrong do tou all think i have a fauly diode or circuit board or what. thanks.

Lots of heat and no light . . . .sounds like a short. Check your soldering and the soldering on the board.

Peace,
dave

alrighty i fixed and man is it bright what do you think the duty cycle is i was just outside with it and yes i can see the beem its so cool and it was not warm even after a minute and i am running it 150ma. If i had a duty cycle of 1 minute on 1 minute off how long should it last me?