Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I Hate Lasers ****UPDATE*****

vk2fro

Re: I Hate Lasers

Just count yourselves luck you aren't in a country that has "hoon" laws. In some places if you offend more than 3 times in a particular timeframe, you loose you licence, get a fine and... they crush your car. I believe they also impound the car on the second offence.

Heres one example in Australia

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-07-28/first-car-crushed-under-anti-hoon-laws/922646

Granted it was 2 years ago and I'm not sure if the law has been rescinded...

Last edited:

Glad I dont live there. Hey guys I just noticed something:

THE COP FORGOT TO MAKE ME SIGN THE TICKET? LEGAL DOCUMENTS HAVE TO HAVE SIGNATURES, SO I DONT THINK IT WILL HOLD UP IN COURT. I ALREADY PAYED THOUGH, DO YOU THINK I CAN GET IT THROWN OUT BECAUSE I DIDN'T SIGN? I JUST REALIZED THIS NOW.... oh ya, and he spelled my address completely wrong and wrote no zip code. He also wrote the address that I live in Florida and not the one on my DL thats in Iowa. :/

OffTopic- Reason Ive been gone is because I fell off the back of a motorcycle a while ago this doesn't seem to be my month :D. Luckily I only broke my ankle and had some minor scratches, burns, and bruises. I get too sit at home for a couple days now :D.

Last edited:

vk2fro

How the hell did you fall off the back of the motorbike - were you showing off again and tried popping a mono? :p

Last edited:
I think that if you paid already it counts as admission of guilt, and you can't fight out of it now.

I think that if you paid already it counts as admission of guilt, and you can't fight out of it now.

Ya thats kind of what im thinking to.
How the hell did you fall off the back of the motorbike - were you showing off again and tried popping a mono? :p

I wasn't driving, some dumbass decided to break check us on a fast tight curve and my friend did a lowslide. Happens when you hit the rear brakes only while turning and they lock up, its usually when you dont have time to react. It really really hurt. If you dont know what a lowslide is here is a example:

This guy does it because he see's the cop in the middle of his turn and tries to rapidly slow down. I think that the cop chose a dangerous spot, even a fast moving car could lose control and not only endanger the driver but also the cop, imagine if he had hit the patrol car.... :p

But this is closer speed to what actually happened to me:

Minor damage to the motorcycle and more importantly to us. :D Oh ya and my friends teaching me how to ride another thing is basically where your eyes are focusing thats where your motorcycle is going to go, so you gotta pay attention that's another reason for a lowslide.

Anyway I think Ill just accept the ticket I did some searching and it appears that you dont have to sign...

Last edited:

That is correct. If you pay, you admitted to guilt... no further recourse available.

Also when it comes to errors on tickets, unless the cop managed to screw up all identifying information in some way... you're also still on the hook for it.

Sorry to hear about your accident... feel better, and start driving safer. You're a freaking road menace:na:

vk2fro

Ouch - hope you heal up pretty quick - can imagine what it would be like coming off the bike even like in the second video.

I was only kidding about the mono mate. :)

Glad I dont live there. Hey guys I just noticed something:

THE COP FORGOT TO MAKE ME SIGN THE TICKET? LEGAL DOCUMENTS HAVE TO HAVE SIGNATURES, SO I DONT THINK IT WILL HOLD UP IN COURT. I ALREADY PAYED THOUGH, DO YOU THINK I CAN GET IT THROWN OUT BECAUSE I DIDN'T SIGN? I JUST REALIZED THIS NOW.... oh ya, and he spelled my address completely wrong and wrote no zip code. He also wrote the address that I live in Florida and not the one on my DL thats in Iowa. :/

OffTopic- Reason Ive been gone is because I fell off the back of a motorcycle a while ago this doesn't seem to be my month :D. Luckily I only broke my ankle and had some minor scratches, burns, and bruises. I get too sit at home for a couple days now :D.
I just spoke to one of my Cop buddies, and Yes he tells me you could have had the ticket thrown out because it wasn't signed which is the law in FL. However since You signed & payed the fine already, you have No recourse now; that sucks! One thing to watch out for though, you said he put down your FL address but your license still says Iowa, I'm being told you only have 14 days to change your DL over to a FL license, if not you can be fined for that too. So you might want to take some time and go to downtown clearwater and get that taken care of before someone catches that too..........don't forget to get your insurance changed over too, as I'm told after 30 days of being a resident of FL and your still using insurance from Iowa, the insurance company could deny you any claim you might make. Sounds best that you get all your documents and such changed over too.

Sorry to hear about your accident, that really sucks. Maybe is was your left ankle, so you can atleast still drive.

I just spoke to one of my Cop buddies, and Yes he tells me you could have had the ticket thrown out because it wasn't signed which is the law in FL. However since You signed & payed the fine already, you have No recourse now; that sucks! One thing to watch out for though, you said he put down your FL address but your license still says Iowa, I'm being told you only have 14 days to change your DL over to a FL license, if not you can be fined for that too. So you might want to take some time and go to downtown clearwater and get that taken care of before someone catches that too..........don't forget to get your insurance changed over too, as I'm told after 30 days of being a resident of FL and your still using insurance from Iowa, the insurance company could deny you any claim you might make. Sounds best that you get all your documents and such changed over too.

Sorry to hear about your accident, that really sucks. Maybe is was your left ankle, so you can atleast still drive.

Naa im not driving for a while, because its hard to shift with a broken ankle and yes it was my left ankle.

and Yikes! Ill go change it today, I dont need anymore tickets.

"EDIT: Im sitting with him now, and its his second offense so it's $2500 and I think his license is getting suspended for 5 years. FML 5 years of giving him rides."

How's this for comparison.
A guy convicted of killing someone here has just been sentenced to 6 months of jail time and 2 1/2 years of conditional discharge after that (house arrest) for the crime. During the conditional discharge he will be allowed to go to work and will be allowed a few hours a week for various activities (like grocery shopping) but a curfew will be imposed at night. He will not be allowed to have booze or drugs and isn't allowed to be in contact with certain people (criminals) either.
Read the local papers and you will find that roughly 33% of offenders in BC that are checked on are in violation of their "conditional discharges" with about 10-15% just disappearing for lengthy, if not all, of the time.
Really makes one question the priorities of the legal system.

Ya the priorities are messed up, its all about the money. They don't care about the broke criminals, its the Law Abiding citizens with money that break minor laws that they care about...

Hey Haloid95

How's that foot doing? I guess your going to have to do PT afterwards?

I'm driving down this long winding Residential Road and the posted speed limit is 30mph, there are usually lots of schools buses that take this route too, but it's not a school zone.

Anyway I'm doing exactly 30mph which yea is a bit painful to do, BUT I know from driving that road Cops sit on the side streets several times a week and monitor that road, not everyday.....but the Cops are there too much to even try and go faster.

So here is this Mustang reeving up his engine and flashing his lights at me on this single lane road each way. I couldn't yield because there is really no where to go, there are kids in the street too cause there are no sidewalks on that road either, and I'm not going any faster because I know better.

So he pops his clutch and goes screaming around me using the opposite direction lane. Dam I would have sworn he was screaming 90mph down that road.

Well I probably was sort of correct, because as I got to a bend in the road, here was that Mustang again, except the Pinellas Sheriff had him pulled over with lights on. I slowed way down to pass them as required by Law, and I seen him look over at me while I passed him.........I think he must have been thinking.........."dam I should have stayed behind that guy, he must have known the cops patrol this road" Yup that's right I'm no fart, I have a lead foot too; except I've learned over the years to try and control it.

That event, made me think back to what you posted here. I don't think it was you because it was a Mustang and you have a broken foot/ankle and can't drive yet :D

I bet his fine is going to be Huge.

Hey Haloid95

How's that foot doing? I guess your going to have to do PT afterwards?

I'm driving down this long winding Residential Road and the posted speed limit is 30mph, there are usually lots of schools buses that take this route too, but it's not a school zone.

Anyway I'm doing exactly 30mph which yea is a bit painful to do, BUT I know from driving that road Cops sit on the side streets several times a week and monitor that road, not everyday.....but the Cops are there too much to even try and go faster.

So here is this Mustang reeving up his engine and flashing his lights at me on this single lane road each way. I couldn't yield because there is really no where to go, there are kids in the street too cause there are no sidewalks on that road either, and I'm not going any faster because I know better.

So he pops his clutch and goes screaming around me using the opposite direction lane. Dam I would have sworn he was screaming 90mph down that road.

Well I probably was sort of correct, because as I got to a bend in the road, here was that Mustang again, except the Pinellas Sheriff had him pulled over with lights on. I slowed way down to pass them as required by Law, and I seen him look over at me while I passed him.........I think he must have been thinking.........."dam I should have stayed behind that guy, he must have known the cops patrol this road" Yup that's right I'm no fart, I have a lead foot too; except I've learned over the years to try and control it.

That event, made me think back to what you posted here. I don't think it was you because it was a Mustang and you have a broken foot/ankle and can't drive yet :D

I bet his fine is going to be Huge.
Its getting better :). Ya ive seen that happen a lot here, Sherrif's are everywhere, I see Highway patrol or a Sheriff every single time i get on the highway. Clearwater police dont really pull over to much people, mostly Sheriff's do.

Can you actually get a mortgage on a broken sign to pay for it? :thinking: