Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I came across this setup at a fair - is this appropriate mounting?

IceFireForce

Hello,

I randomly saw this happening at a fair in Bulgaria. The laser is scanning right in the eyes of the buyers from thus stand as well as kids are playing among the figures. Is this a safe situation?44373CFD-4315-47FD-A3B5-50830C2C742A.jpegA5EC14A5-C395-4376-B724-8605CDC9A932.jpeg63DE9669-5851-4CC3-810E-A0014973F5F6.jpeg

Encap

Maybe /maybe not.
No way of knowing without knowing the output of the laser or if it is an eye safe device.

Either way not a good idea or practice to shine a laser or anything that bright at/on people's faces especially little children

Last edited:
It very well could be. I saw a Yes concert in the 1970s where they scanned the crowd with a single line argon laser, diffracted, expanded, and split in to hundreds of beams. It was quite amazing to see at that time. All of it was perfectly eye safe and, because smoking was not prohibited, all the beams were visible. Most of the smoke was not tobacco, however.

OrangeDragon

I'm just making assumptions and guestimating, since I don't know the details of that device, but it looks like the ones sold on Amazon/eBay for $75-150.

If that is true, while it might be eye safe from an ocular hazard point of view - having it within the line of sight of people approaching the vendor to order is just poor practice. That device should either be overhead (facing down more) or projecting on a surface away from people. The intensity increases as you approach the vendor and you are staring directly towards it inorder to interact with them...

IceFireForce

Yes, this is what I thought... also if generally blue light is bad, I suppose it should not be projected in people’s eyes...