Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I am looking for a high powered co2 laser

Hi I cant find where to buy a co2 lasers with powers from 20-80watts. Does any one know where I can get a full co2 laser set that has a powersupply and everything?

ARG

Ebay sells both the PSU and tube for CO2 lasers from 40W-80W if you don't mind some DIY

Other than that, I think you need to hire someone to make you a complete one, or buy a CNC machiene.

Opcom

On that note, wouldn't it be nice if the Chinese would do something similar to the Synrad 48 laser? Rugged instead of a glass tube with poorly supported internal structures that can easily vibrate or break. I like the Chinese 40W tube but they have to be handled or moved very carefully and are basically a throw away item once used up. It would be better if they'd make those tubes with internal mounts for the spiral tube, plasma tube inside the jacket, and the jacket itself inside the outer envelope/reservoir.

I recently found this site lightobject . com. Never bought from them but they seem pretty legit. Has anyone heard of them? I'm considering buying a 40W tube

Hi I cant find where to buy a co2 lasers with powers from 20-80watts. Does any one know where I can get a full co2 laser set that has a powersupply and everything?

I have a complete 35W setup available. Its the tube, PSU, 7" FL ZnSe Lens, water pump + tubing, and a homemade controller. Just PM me if interested.

The synrad laser is a work of art and would be hard to make in low cost. It requires a special tube waveguide assembly made of beryllia, a couple passivated titanium antenna electrodes, a titanium passivated stainless steel resonator structure, In addition it has expensive rf amplifiers inside it- and each one must be uniquely tuned.

Lower cost RF tubes like the domino coder tubes do exist, but it's hard to make them with real power.

n contrast the glass tubes are basically bake out, glue on optics, align to good-enough, fill and done.

Opcom

I didn't realize the Synrads used a ceramic tube. That puts them in a different category. They are a work of art allright.