Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hurricane Ophelia

diachi

Make that three deaths now 3D. The yellow/orange is both from the Saharan sand and from the Spanish wildfires.

Makes the sky look weird, doesn't it? It can make for some good pictures though!

Can you smell the smoke? I hate that smell after weeks and weeks of it in 2014.

Hope everyone stays safe!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes it does. I tried to get images. It is coming up like just a grey sky. I might have to photoshop just to get them looking like it was in person.
I can’t smell smoke myself. And thanks.

Last edited:
(small joke to sdrammatize a bit)

Maybe the blame is by Tom Cruise who shot "La Mummia" in London!
Then the Mummy pissed off and now spreads smoke and Saharan sky!​

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well, it has calmed down a lot here. The southeast is expected to see a return of those yellow skies again at some point this week with a bit more wind as another band of Ophelia pushes north from Africa. To make things worse there is a threat of another UK storm called Brian this weekend although it is not confirmed yet.

I did try to get my own, but my iPhone was not picking up the yellow/orange much at all. :thinking:

Anyway, currently what is known. That Ophelia caused €1.5Bn + (£1.3bn+) of damage to Ireland and that value is expected to rise. Also same for the UK with around €850m (~£750m) at the moment. As luckily only three deaths occurred making the warning system this time successful unlike in 1987.

Edit: I have gone onto photoshop and corrected the images to what it should be. Shame they didn't take exactly how it was because it was so eerie.

This was taken near a old hospital near where I live.

ophelia_yellow_sky.jpg

Down my street.

ophelia_yellow_sky_5.jpg

And from my front door.

ophelia_yellow_sky_4.jpg

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Glad to see that it has calmed down a bit, and hopefully the worst has passed. That sure is an eerie glow in the sky!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I believe the worst of Ophelia has gone now. Still another part to come, but it should be quite tame compared to what Ireland saw.
I just updated with some of my own images instead.

As for that glow. When you was out in it, it made everything seem like you was wearing yellow tinted glasses.

Last edited:
I saw that sky in the news... Weird looking
orange/brown sky. I wouldn't want to breathe
it in on a regular basis.
Glad Ophelia was not as severe as was first
expected...
Still... storms do cause unwanted damage...

Jerry

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Another band is moving in as the sun has turned orange/red again. It didn’t hit the southeast bad at all but Ireland got hit pretty bad considering. It makes you think a lot more about hurricane hit places.

I heard that Ireland was hit with 80 Mph winds
near the coastline. We has some 70-80 Kph winds
last winter and it tore one of my trees down.

Jerry

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Ireland was seeing 90mph (145kph) plus in some areas with the strongest at 118mph. (189kph) Even here we was receiving 55-75kph winds and we weren’t meant to get anything at all not being in the path.

Well, it has calmed down a lot here. The southeast is expected to see a return of those yellow skies again at some point this week with a bit more wind as another band of Ophelia pushes north from Africa. To make things worse there is a threat of another UK storm called Brian this weekend although it is not confirmed yet.

I did try to get my own, but my iPhone was not picking up the yellow/orange much at all. :thinking:

Anyway, currently what is known. That Ophelia caused €1.5Bn + (£1.3bn+) of damage to Ireland and that value is expected to rise. Also same for the UK with around €850m (~£750m) at the moment. As luckily only three deaths occurred making the warning system this time successful unlike in 1987.

Edit: I have gone onto photoshop and corrected the images to what it should be. Shame they didn't take exactly how it was because it was so eerie.

This was taken near a old hospital near where I live.

ophelia_yellow_sky.jpg

Down my street.

ophelia_yellow_sky_5.jpg

And from my front door.

ophelia_yellow_sky_4.jpg

Today I also saw it in the News! the flames in Portugal, the 3 deaths in Ireland and that was devastated to great! and then he did see London under an orange / yellow smoker and then said that other parts of London were hit too ....

The photos you posted are similar to those in London center but they only have a yellow light off! but at the same time they are very beautiful IMO give in antique touch to photos!
P.S. nice compliments area where you live ...! will be that I love London!​