Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HTH to sell lasers on eBay?

Hello! As many of you know I have a BluRay box laser I am trying to sell.. There is much competition for admittedly better ones here, so I tried to sell it on eBay.

To make a long story short, the ****s cancelled my auction for violation of the "hazardous items" policy.

That kinodf ticks me off alot, since there are many blu-ray pointers more powerful than mine, and gazillions of other more dangerous lasers selling there......!

My question for those here is this... how do I word my listing so they don't kill it, and also let people know they are buying a high-power laser? I don't want to list it as 5mW and have someone shit themselves when they get it LOL:D. I also see plenty of other auctions saying similar(listing mW, warning againt burns, even mentioning they can burn things).. I want ppl to know to be safe with my lasers, not just blindly sell them a monster LOL

Hopefuly there is a workaround, or my fledgling building career just took a major hit...

Thanks in advance from a very frustrated fellow laser builder..

ummm... I think you should not call it a pointer, but as a component for something larger

JLSE

Anything handheld >5mW gets pulled. They watch the laser category like a hawk and remove anything they deem hazardous. The only way I have found to sell is if its a component, and I have seen others able to do it by not stating its power. Using the words super bright or pics of it burning instead of *mW may get by. They dont really do anything to you unless they remove like 10 listings, and even then they start by limiting your account but not suspending. Its pretty trickey but you need to find a groove and work within their bounds.

Joe.

Hmm... thats what I am hoping to do.. I am sure their system scans the auctions for "hotwords".. if I can figure them out I may be ok LOL

perhaps list it as a burning laser and to email you with the exact milliwattage?

my current 20mW bluray is being auctioned with 6 hours left - mention all sorts of FDA regulations but do not mention the output power - i list the output power as "contact for details" each diode is unique and output power varies with each unit

then if people want to know they just send a message

I think I get the idea now:).. I just have to wait for ebay to respond o my email I sent them griping lol... that way I son't have another up for them to check when they read my message LOL

JLSE

You got to love eBay, and their tricky little ways. I recently started selling on eBay again (not here to spam my stuff), and ive noticed they have a new lackey in the safety dept. When I original started selling laser related stuff late last year, I was bombarded with policy violations one after the next.

I eventually got the picture, and found my groove for manipulating the rules and ended their attempts to pull my stuff. Well needles to say they are at it again. Below are a couple of “questions” asked by “real ebayers” all coincidently requesting handhelds in one form or another.

If you are a seller of DIY laser type stuff on eBay, have a read of the below emails and see if you have received similar. The most common approach is the ones that state that they don’t have time or the knowledge to solder a couple of wires to a battery pack, but want to buy a bunch of stuff!

A way to recognize if you have fallen victim to their little screening process is if you have had a listing ended immediately after you answer one of these emails the way they want you to.

1- i want a device that i could plug in to 110ac or preferable a portable battery pack i want to be able to light a ciggerett in a very sci-fi way a conversation piece im building a very interesting device but its co2 and very dangerous [invisable beam]and its to big. no time to tinker with long assimbally need complete as possable, love your stuff thanks.

2- can u build a portable laser for me with this laser module?
i will pay for soldering.

thanks

3- i need the hottest portable laser you got leave message thanks

Now they may appear quite innocent, and most that I get are. But the moral to the story here, is pay close attention in how you answer questions pertaining to portable, handheld, assembled, complete, etc, etc. Too many strikes on your account for policy violations will get you a suspension. Play by the rules and don’t do any favors, as it just might be them.

Good luck!
;D ;D ;D