Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to take the top off my pen style laser?

There are different kinds. If it is the one that the top cap screws off, exposing male threads. See my answer in this post.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/how-do-i-open-48973.html

If the top is glued on, IE: doesn't unscrew, the procedure is the same except use two wood blocks Dremeled out with half a circular cutout, to very tightly fit the top. Place the blocks and laser "top" in a vice. Then follow the other posts instructions.

Some types are almost impossible to take apart without destroying the host. (laser's body)

Last edited:
Its the one with a glued top and theres no possibility to take it off for me.

Its the one with a glued top and theres no possibility to take it off for me.
Without the right set-up and lots of patience, some of them are near impossible!

I've heard of ones that can not be disassembled without ruining the host.
I've never had to do that, but I have have been blessed. :angel:

Did you try the blocks of wood & vice as in above post?
It's just not going to "pop" out, you are going to have to put a little force behind it.
As a last resort heat the host up with a hairdryer beforehand Most of the glue used, is softened by heat.
Don't fry it, just heat up the top 1" of metal (host=body) until it becomes slightly uncomfortable to the touch.(don't heat anywhere close to the button)

Holding the "top" securely, is most important,Very hard to do without scratching/ruining it

Last edited:
About 3 years ago, I first posted the use of the wood block method.
Use HARD wood, Drill a 1/2" hole through and then cut the block in half.

With a good vise, clamp the head in the parted hole and begin slowly twisting, pulling whatever to get it to let go. This method may take 15 minutes or more and I have been known to use a little heat.
Be patient -- It will yield.

HMike