Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to mount odd size module ?

Hi,
Just bore the sink you have out to 15mm the widest part of the module. The heat if any will be absorbed by the material.
Rich:)

Hi,
If you like you can send me the module so I can fit it snug with a set screw to hold it in place . and let me know the size of a heat sink you want . I can bore out a 15mm hole to fit the module in a large round piece of aluminum with cooling fins. 1-1/4 round stock . would be perfect.
Rich:)

You said it was larger, but did not specify how much larger. The solutions available to you change drastically as this difference changes.

A digital caliper is $12 or less these days and a very useful tool in general. Get one.

So where you've labeled 12, is it 12 or not? If so, it will fit into a 12mm hole. If not, you've either labeled something wrong, or the precision of your measurements isn't high enough (which is where a caliper would help)

Or perhaps I'm just reading the drawing wrong.

I see. I think you have minimal to gain by trying to insert it further. There is a sufficient level of metal-to-metal contact, and even if this was 40 times the power claimed, it would have no problems dissipating the heat as-is.