Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how to i clean scratches off aixiz lens?

i am finished with my diy red, but there is some stringy looking artifacts around the laser dot. when i looked closely at the aixiz lens, there were some small scratches. how should i go about removing these scratches from the lens?

Hmm... try a microfiber cloth? I'm sure there is some sort of scratch remover for glasses or something.

Are the scratches deep?

Buy a new lens and replace the old one with it! :p

Sorry, but when you scratch a lens, you've scratched a lens. Some places will try to sell you an optical paste you rub on to fill the scratches, but that really isn't adequte for a laser collimation lens. Unfortunately, you'll just have to buy a new one

the scratches aren't deep at all. where can i buy just the lens for the aixiz? also, why isn't the scratch filler suitable for lasers?

The laser beam can easily be broken up by the smallest imperfection in a lens.

lol, tell me about it!

I bought some cheapo lenses from a supplier, the glass ones were FANTASTIC not a scratch at all. But the acrylic ones they sent were horrible! very messy image. They looked ok, but close up there were some small scratches. They wouldn't return them you know!!!!!

where can i get glass lenses that fit the aixiz? i really don't want to replace the whole module, its glued into a heatsink and then a project enclosure.

or you could just buy a blank module and just unscrew the lens from there and put it inplace of the one you have now.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

i k but then what am i going to to with the module without a lens? plus, thats a waste of money on something i don't need, i would much rather just buy the lens for cheaper.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Aixiz sell the lenses and parts separately. You're best just emailing them! Perhaps they'll sell you a bag of 10 for a few dollars or so.