Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How To Do It ?

I have seen these on ebay and from the looks of the beam I don't think it's even a 44, I think they are using an 08 with the GBall still on and a G2 lens to try and get a focal point, that output looks like garbage.

15W Laser Head Engraving Module Metal Marking Wood Cutting For Engraver +Adaptor | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

In fact, Red when it is powered on, the beam is nice powerful and bright it seems to be in a nightclub ! then ? what will really be this laser ? and, above all, it comes out a nice pointer ?

3x26650 should be fine.

It's only a guess without measuring the output. Maybe 4 watts...

Thank you Mosc007 , unfortunately I don't have a LPM! then, the execution procedure is : cut off the part that you do not need the module ,leaving only the part of the tube ,put inside a host big the laser module and the driver great on the back , and then connect a contact board and 3x26650 in the series ?

Thank you Mosc007 , unfortunately I don't have a LPM! then, the execution procedure is : cut off the part that you do not need the module ,leaving only the part of the tube ,put inside a host big the laser module and the driver great on the back , and then connect a contact board and 3x26650 in the series ?

Sounds fine to me. A lot of heat so it needs a good host. Make sure you use heatsink compound mounting it in the host.

Will make a nice pointer. Keep in mind the beams on these high power blues are horrid. It will spread out a lot.

Can you unscrew the lens and show us the diode face, just take a pic of the diode face inside the module it's in right now.

Sounds fine to me. A lot of heat so it needs a good host. Make sure you use heatsink compound mounting it in the host.

Will make a nice pointer. Keep in mind the beams on these high power blues are horrid. It will spread out a lot.

The G2 Lens is the best because it does not absorb all the light , but pushes it off in all its power 100%110 :D

It might be a Nubm44. Am I crazy or it's not mounted very well ?

Zooming in on the pic I think I can see the sides of the can ?

The price you paid should be a good indicator.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Yes that is a 9mm diode, could be a NDB7A75 or a NUBM44 if it's rated at 5 watts or more CW.

Just press the diode into a 12mm full copper module and drive it with a 4.5 amp SXD driver also heat sinked at the 8 pin chip , then you can simply put it into any heat sink with a 12mm hole, buy or make one for a flashlight, there are many threads here on builds. A minimum of 2 x 26650 IMR formulated battery cells are recommended.

But if it works maybe you would do better to sell it and buy a fresh new diode, there are many CNC people who might be interested.

You can read all about peoples builds with pics, I don't see any advantage to buying that when the parts are available at a better price.

You're absolutely right Red ,
maybe it is better to take a nice 6+W Jordan ready to use ! just connect a blank battery contact board and that's it ! according to you, how much I could sell it ? I paid €450.00 = $502.40.