Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to connect a Cole MAX driver negative to case?...

Hiemal

Hey all, I recently got one of those small Coleman Max flashlight hosts with a heatsink... (http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...gki63rJOhzXHDcGlusp7bSCMMl8bRDyuWX_geCda6Y4Ig)

I attempted to put it together today with a 6x blu ray laser, but near finishing, I noticed there wasn't a connection between the top head of the flashlight and the rest of the case.

However, there was a bit of exposed aluminum near the top, but since you can't solder to aluminum, how the hell do you connect them?

Thank you for your help...

Last edited:

RHD found some aluminum solder on eBay recently, I hear it works great. Though, normally you would pinch a wire between the driver board and the case for the case feed or screw it to the pill, or sand off the anodizing to allow a continuous connection.

I'm going to be putting my single mode blue module into a C6 soon and will have to sort out the same problem... the module and the pill don't both fit, so I'll be scrapping the pill and using a big ole spring for the negative (case positive build). I'll have to sand off the anodizing at various points for the positive feed.

Sand down where the body of the host screws into the head. "THat top lip" Solder your Negative input to the case pin so now when you screw the 2 pieces together the heatsink will touch the part where you sanded down to make contact and then get the negative input running from the case pin to the driver.:beer:

Very simple.:)