Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to clean viper laser?

I have a viper 125mw laser and I noticed my beam was spreading out more than usual. I blew across the laser (stupid) and I guess I blew more dust on the lense and made it worse... I wasnt sure how to take the end cap off(if possible or how to take it apart) or how to clean it or what to use to clean it..

Thank you for your help.

Y

yew.sir-name

There are a few ways to clean a laser... hold it by the vacuume cleaner, (not too close) cotton bud and alcohol, lensepen, coffee filter.

The end cap on a viper should easily be unscrewable so once you take that off you can clean it with a Q-tip LIGHTLY damp with alcohol and wipe off the lens.

T

timelord

Lenspen is by far the best thing to clean lasers Q-tips can be a little rough on the Anti-Reflective coatings.... ;)

Thanks I got the end cap off (didnt know it came off) and cleaned it..

I dont know if this has been covered but will the wicked cap set work with the viper series of lasers? And for people who have the cap set is it worth it?

So after cleaning it I realized the beam got dirty quickly again. I then took the cap off and looked at the lens and realized I had condensation building up on the inside. So I freaked out.... then went out for the night came home checked for condensation and there was none, fired the laser up and everything appears 100% fine, I have a crisp wall spot and it was back to instantly burning holes red cups from 2-3 feet away.