Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How the **** do I keep an aixiz 445 lens clean during re-assembly?

Thanks, I was planning just to use methanol as I know acetone can damage other stuff...

Awesome, apparently school has reagent grade methanol, gloves, and a glass fume chamber. Whether or not it can be pumped with filtered air needs to be determined.

Awesome, apparently school has reagent grade methanol, gloves, and a glass fume chamber. Whether or not it can be pumped with filtered air needs to be determined.

Will:

Sounds like You are all set to go. Good Luck I know what a pain in the ass cleaning and assembling lenses can be. Actually it can Kick Your Ass! You won't have to get it up to darpa specs in any case. You will have great results with the equipment You will be using. Hollar back if You need anything.

Rich::D

Cool. Of course, I have to make sure I have it assembled properly. The two pieces closest to the diode are easy, and the order is easy as well (thicker closer to diode) but there's no way to tell if the final (thinnest) element is in correctly. I'm not even sure it's direction sensitive at all lol.