Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How not to be a whiney little snot

Chuck

Yes, I ordered an Arctic, and I'm waiting patiently, not whining, not threatning, not stomping my feet or holding my breath in any way. In fact by not canceling my order I am eligible for the $50 offer from WL.

Instead of being a petulant little snot, I'm gleefully planning on building my own 445nm to make the time go by while waiting for the Arctic.

I noticed that WL is auctioning off their C&D letter from Lucasfilm, and that my friends inspires me as to what I should use for my next host, see picture of next host along side Star Trek phaser and Dorcy builds. Gee maybe Lucasfilm will send me a C/D letter that I too can auction off, this is a win / win.

And for all of my adult friends out there, maybe you too can post your lastest project to make the time pass.

Attachments

• LightSaber1.jpg
    LightSaber1.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 200

It would be sweet to see a 445nm in an actual lightsabre host :D

Like this picture of mine would be over 9000 times better if it was in a lightsabre
esqccz.jpg

is that a master replica hilt host? Or is it a FX master replica host(the type that had the blade attached)?

I wanted to use a master replica host, but i was unsure if the design allowed dis-assembly to fit the laser components. I know the FX parts would allow it, but I did not think they seamed as "real".

Chuck

It's not Master Replica. I made it using the same components that were used by the Lucas propmakers to make the original "A New Hope" Skywalker light saber. Most of it being a particular model of Graflex three cell photo flash unit. The rest is easy. A particular model of windshield wiper blade for the grips, a old LED style calculator bubble lens array and some chrome tape. Here it is again next to a page in "Star Wars The Visual Dictionary"

Attachments

• LightSaber2.jpg
    LightSaber2.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 117