Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE THIS FORUM????

Sniper

Do you think that this forum is a little small becaus eof Laser Commiunty or because it is new? Like so all you guys that have been here for a long time is it starting to grow really big?

Yea i really like this forum because other ones I've been on have banned me for not supporting their products and I also like it because not many people are jerks who always want to prove you wrong ;D

Timelord said:
It'll get there it's not been running for long but each day we gain a few more members.  ;D

Jus wondering, how long has this been running or do any of you even know? ...I should probably ask a mod...

S

SenKat

troyboy said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1169729729/0#4 date=1169736099]It'll get there it's not been running for long but each day we gain a few more members.  ;D

Jus wondering, how long has this been running or do any of you even know? ...I should probably ask a mod...[/quote]

Since June of 2006. click on the members link - look at the Admin, c0ldshadow....he was number 1 !! The date he "joined" is when it started - uhm, at least here - dunno, could be wrong !

I voted that it's Ok. For me it's the need for more active members, the layout (which for me is now great) and finally, I think there's just too many topic areas to keep track of. In my view there should just be something like General, Green, Red, Others, Off-topic.

I like to keep it simple! ;)

me_too_lazy said:
not enough active users thats all
i picked its ok

Its pretty new... just think, you get to be a pillar in the new building!......

You and me is what makes it happen!

I like that it is not so polarized that you will get attacked if you post any flavor of laser likes......

Of course you will be subject to challenge and maybe proving what you say..... but I think the "truth" is welcome here.

If another laser is better than the accepted norm, its looked at and encouraged...... I see the least bit of bias here....

we all have opinions and preferences.. and maybe a certain crowd who shares the same values may collect here, but it doesn't have an image to uphold and protect....

Its just all of us!!!!!

tatman

after nearly gatting the "B" word at CPF i thought i better look for somethin else. well, THIS IS THE PLACE! seems like we all get along, and everybody seems to take an interest in questions from new people. i m a happy camper here, but ya don't need to guilt me into posting!hahaha it's just that i dint go ta school when i shoulda n have trouble w/ my A,B,Ds.

There are tons of people that just love to read other posts and rarely post themselves..... but when the atmosphere seems less hostile, they will jump in too..... Some head for the hills if the conversation gets intense.... but I guess thats the way it is in any family of sorts.....

Its good that everyone doesn't want to talk at once!.... but sometimes when those people finally speak up, they have good stuff to say!

Sniper

windstrings said:
There are tons of people that just love to read other posts and rarely post themselves..... but when the atmosphere seems less hostile, they will jump in too..... Some head for the hills if the conversation gets intense.... but I guess thats the way it is in any family of sorts.....

Its good that everyone doesn't want to talk at once!.... but sometimes when those people finally speak up, they have good stuff to say!

Lol The strategy of posting something ;D

I kind of dont really get anything so i just ask a lot of questions.

I still have much to learn about lasers in general.

L

laser

i used to like the laser community, but my friends (sniper, troyboy) said this was way better. i like it better here. i was on the laser community for a while, and i thought i knew all the experienced guys but every once in a while someone will come up who ive never heard of before, and he has like 1000 posts... here i basicaly know everyone.... or im getting there.

Me too.. but I tryi to share what I know, with disclaimers in the areas I'm not solid on.
Some of this stuff, you have to figure out on your own because no one seems to want to explain it... collectively, allot can be figured out.
In the beginning it all sounds like greek as those who explain make the common mistake of getting too technical there is no communication bridge to get the info across...... I guess thats what communication is all about.....

Many folks really know allot, but can't explain or teach it.... without specific point blank questions that hit close..... they think in narrow terms and can only grapple with thier own narrow reasoning.... those people make bad teachers.

I see many engineers who make that mistake, they think all of reality is as it pertains to thier day to day reality at work and can't think outside the box where other people live.