Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How many watt of green laser do I need?

lipo99

What minimum output is required to see the beam of a green laser indoor in day time?

I can see a faint green laser using my friend laser. He told me he bought at US$30 in China and it is 18650 and comes with key

What minimum output is required to see the beam of a green laser indoor in day time?

I can see a faint green laser using my friend laser. He told me he bought at US$30 in China and it is 18650 and comes with key

It really depends. We can't know how much light there is or what divergence the beam is.

But for the price i would guess it is is about 50-100mW where ~ 20mW of it being IR.

if u use it as a torch, then either power is ok. BTW, it costs not too much, a 500mW green laser torch is about 80USD here.if u need , i could help u.but u should be careful, it could easily destroy someone's eyes.

Last edited:
...a 500mW green laser torch is about 80USD...

A 500mW laser... about... $80..? I can believe IR but...
tumblr_m6gx0qkCye1qcdk6h.gif

if u use it as a torch, then either power is ok. BTW, it costs not too much, a 500mW green laser torch is about 80USD here.if u need , i could help u.but u should be careful, it could easily destroy someone's eyes. good luck. skype,matthewliu5

Where do you live? Also, there's no way those 500mW greens are actually 500mW, probably more like 50-150mW.

The only way to know conclusively is to meter this on an accurate LPM. Try and find someone that lives close to you to meter it for you.

By all means, if you can produce 500mW's of IR filtered 532nm for under $100, on or above spec, you would have the best prices on the market. If you can do it, by all means do. I just won't believe it until I see it ;)

By all means, if you can produce 500mW's of IR filtered 532nm for under $100, on or above spec, you would have the best prices on the market. If you can do it, by all means do. I just won't believe it until I see it ;)

Yea, quite sure.There always IR inside 532.It is not i myself who make it, and also ,as i have mentioned, i have not tested any of it yet. I have also have question marks on it. Maybe the price is fiction,maybe the power.lol