Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how many mw is this laser?

Gazen

The "10 Miles Range 532nm Green Laser Pointer Light Pen Visible Beam High Power Lazer" will not be the 5mW listed, it will probably be 20mW - 80mW. It is a standard laser 303/301. If you decide to purchase a laser from ebay, don't trust it to be 5mW until tested.

Also, please make a post in the welcome section introducing yourself.

Ten miles is a joke. These lasers are below 100 mW in power. How much below is anyone's guess until you get it measured. In total darkness these lasers could not be seen at all ten miles out looking straight at them. I would expect them to be visible in darkness out to maybe 500 yards. That may even be an exaggeration.

Last edited:
Ten miles is a joke. These lasers are below 100 mW in power. How much below is anyone's guess until you get it measured. In total darkness these lasers could not be seen at all ten miles out looking straight at them. I would expect them to be visible in darkness out to maybe 500 yards. That may even be an exaggeration.

well a green 532 that peaks for 50mW or more can travel quite far no ?

well a green 532 that peaks for 50mW or more can travel quite far no ? usually those 303 are quite powerful the green ones so the beam can travel very far if u ask me.

You have a double post, mortuus. Yes, the photons from a 50 mW 532nm laser will travel as long as it doesn't hit anything along the way. But, the divergence is such that it is so weak you can no longer make it out long before it has traveled 10 miles. Some of the photons will be lost hitting particulate matter in the air and divergence will spread it out so far it will be uW that make it to your eyes.

welcome
mw??? wth?
you mean mW right?
big diff between mw mW and MW

you really need to finish 'joining' by completing your profile;;
many here will ignore you until you do that.... especially your location and date of birth

do it asap

hak

PS

first impressions are important if you do not want to appear rude.

here is a great intro --we will be waiting for yours.

https://laserpointerforums.com/f37/hello-pennsylvania-102109.html

Last edited: