Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How long will 2x 16340's batteries @700mAh each produce a good beam before power drops off?

burnedup69

I've gathered it's not a very good idea to turn on your laser and just leave it on from a full charge until the batteries are completely drained because of heat issues. - But in theory, I'm wondering how long 2x 16340's batts fully charged and turn the laser on - how long will the laser beam last under a LPM before the numbers start dropping off?? Thank you in advance.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
You gotta provide details. There's no way to answer your question without knowing anything about the laser

I've gathered it's not a very good idea to turn on your laser and just leave it on from a full charge until the batteries are completely drained because of heat issues. - But in theory, I'm wondering how long 2x 16340's batts fully charged and turn the laser on - how long will the laser beam last under a LPM before the numbers start dropping off?? Thank you in advance.
Your question is impossible to answer, except to say somewhere between X time - X time.

If you're batteries are being discharged at 700mAh and the specs on the battery are accurate then the answer should be 1 hour.

If I were to use these with my 488nm 135 mW laser which is being driven at 275 mA fully charged batteries would last quite awhile. However, if they were used in my 1100 mW 520nm laser they would die very quickly, in a few minutes. That is why the laser matters.

burnedup69

You gotta provide details. There's no way to answer your question without knowing anything about the laser
You're right.

My laser is the (probably) 1-1.25W blue "burning" laser in the gatling style housing sold on Amazon. I don't have an LPM so I have no idea how to judge the actual power but based on videos I've seen and others comments about that laser I'm guessing it's between 1W and 1.25W if put on an LPM and measured.

I swear you guys are going to get me hooked into this hobby. Deep down I now want to get a LPM but I truly have no need for one. It's just pure "want" ... <smh>