Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How long does it actually take Wicked Lasers to ship?

Around mid-January, Wicked Lasers ran a few contests on their Facebook page all based around producing certain images involving Wicked Lasers. Yesterday I checked my notifications to be pleasantly surprised by the fact that I was one of three winners, getting a free S3 model of our choice equivalent to $299.99 (so either the +150mW Krypton or the 1W Arctic). I chose the Arctic not just because of the power but because I've always preferred blue lasers (having owned green and red before, I want something different).

Anyway, back to the point. How long do they actually take to ship? I've heard many different stories of their shipping; about 60% say they've waited around two months and the other 40% saying they've waited over 6 months. Bearing this in mind I regret the thought that I may never actually receive my laser firstly because it's won not purchased so I can't threaten them with a lawsuit or something but secondly because I just can't help but think that it'll just never be shipped... Maybe I'm just paranoid, I mean I wouldn't mind waiting a few months for a free Arctic if it just takes some patience.

Before anyone says anything, I have done some searching and it seems that they have gotten bad over time (I read a late 2008 post that complained it took 4 weeks... sounds quick to me :wtf:).
I appreciate all and any help :)

PS. I live in the UK so that might be useful

Message Log and Updates
Friday 2nd March - Winners Chosen

Saturday 3rd March - Message Sent to Joe.N WickedLasers

Sunday 4th March - Reply from Joe received, requesting e-mail, mobile and home address.

Tuesday 6th March - Message from Joe received requesting actual name (my Facebook name is confusing...)

Wednesday 14th March - Card for attempted delivery came through (Parcelforce)

Thursday 15th March - Parcel picked up Laser Received

I finally got it! quite impressed with it (I am a noob so I am very easily impressed), I see what they did though; I have to buy the expanded lens kit if I am to burn anything with it (besides my finger earlier... ouch). It did however come with the basic things:
- Safety Goggles & Case
- 20% Power Reduction Lens
- 100% Full Power Lens
- Replacement Safety Sticker
- Spyder 2 Holster
- Li-Ion 18650 Battery & Charger
- Bubblewrap :3
Might make a review for the sake of it ... just something to do!

Last edited:

X FLY

Considering it's "special" in the way you got it from a contest I'd say less than 1 month.

Considering it's "special" in the way you got it from a contest I'd say less than 1 month.

Either I've just been trolled or you've made my day :)
... and month :D

EDIT

I just saw your sig;

532nm ● WickedLasers E2 Series Fusion <100mW - ORDERED 13.10.2010, SHIPPED 11.02.2011, ARRIVED 16.02.2011

I noticed it takes them long to ship and not the service they use (dumbass me again...) so it's just a matter of waiting on them shipping it out?

Last edited:
I'm a bit shocked with WL in two ways: Their laser was built poorly but it was durable as hell. Well, the second one was. first died in an hour. The second of the two endured many continuous hours on, draining a few 18650's before the driver melted itself. After that the diode still lased... I have mixed feelings about WL still. It's hard to describe.

back to the thread, it took them 1 month to get mine across the second time, 2 1/2 months the first time.
Anyway: in heatsinking terms you got a good laser, though to add it won't quite be 1W. Pretty close though.

Last edited:
For as much as they charge I think anything over 2 weeks would be unacceptable.

Lase

He didn't buy it:wtf:

In all reality though, you got it for free. Unless you signed some kind of contract before entering said competition, they don't have to ship it in a certain time frame.

There are a few online competition sites that do this and winners sometimes never receive their prizes.

If it turns up, congrats. If it doesn't, you'll just be another warning to everyone else wanting to do business with them .

Lase

IIRC WL had some kind of a "contest" asking people to spot mistakes on their website.

Again, IIRC a couple of people did end up getting the cheapest model, the 5mW core.

Unfortunately another guy who spent hours plugging all the text into word and scanning for errors, and was promised a laser too... NEVER got it.

Thanks for all your help so far, I'll just bug them every now and then, if I happen to get postage information iKll update on here and if it arrives I'll let you all know.

Just tell them that you are a member of a Laser Forum and you'll open
a Thread about not receiving your contest Laser that you won and
was promised...

Jerry

Just tell them that you are a member of a Laser Forum and you'll open
a Thread about not receiving your contest Laser that you won and
was promised...

Jerry

Well to start I'll give them a week (they said they'll e-mail around 4 days after the item has been shipped... no idea why the wait), during which I'll say things like "as an LPF member I'll happily review and spread the word of how great WL are (if they shipped quick then this would be no word of a lie)" not sucking up or anything but just saying things in their favour. I'll update the OP to say when I've received certain messages.

Well to start I'll give them a week (they said they'll e-mail around 4 days after the item has been shipped... no idea why the wait), during which I'll say things like "as an LPF member I'll happily review and spread the word of how great WL are (if they shipped quick then this would be no word of a lie)" not sucking up or anything but just saying things in their favour. I'll update the OP to say when I've received certain messages.

Good luck with trying to receive anything good from wickedlasers :eg: I'd say spam the hell out of them untill you have something in your mailbox!

And i actually loll'd at your sig quoting: (Peaks at 3mW) :crackup: How did you measure that :crackup:

greetings,,

Good luck with trying to receive anything good from wickedlasers :eg: I'd say spam the hell out of them untill you have something in your mailbox!

And i actually loll'd at your sig quoting: (Peaks at 3mW) :crackup: How did you measure that :crackup:

greetings,,

Yeah I am still a noob with lasers but I happened to buy from the same person as a YouTuber who was showing the difference between 5mW eBay lasers and "professional" 100mW of the same colour, and his 5mW didn't go above 3mW so I'm just going by that :whistle: as for WL; I understand many many people have had bad experiences with them and they have a bad reputation for it, but I will leave it a few days before I start asking for confirmation emails, tracking numbers, shipping dates, estimated times - the lot (and I am used to spamming people ... not that its a skill or anything!). So yes, I will keep close watch. I'm also in close contact with some of the other winners, so I'll ask them if/when they have theirs shipped.