Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How long does a laser usually stay in customs?

Hi I ordered a laser from lazerer and got it registered so I had a tracking number, I expected to get the laser next week sometime, but I saw was that it was in Bethpage, NY which is 150 miles from where I live, mind you It was shipped 5 days ago... Is the extra week due to the laser being in customs or was it shipped really fast ? btw it was shipped via USPS (also I can't imagine it would take longer to drive 150 miles than would to fly halfway around the world... )
Also I am aware it takes some time to sort it and such but THAT long ?

Depart USPS Sort Facility-December 05, 2011-BETHPAGE, NY 11714-Registered Mail™
__________________________________________________ ________
Processed through USPS Sort Facility-December 04, 2011, 10:03 pm
BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Processed Through Sort Facility-December 02, 2011, 1:43 pm
HONG KONG, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Acceptance-December 01, 2011, 4:46 pm--HONG KONG

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action
RB390967946HK

You are over thinking it, you got quick shipping. Coming from Hong Kong sometimes takes 3 to 4 weeks.

Trying to figure out exactly what you are trying to say?

Most of the non-priority stuff I get from china says it shows up in new york.. then stays there weeks, then one day it shows up at my door, even though tracking says says it's still in NY..

I wouldn't worry too much yet.. Unless you pay for super speedy shipping (something OTHER than EMS/USPS) expect shipping times to average around 3 weeks from order to your door.

Most of the non-priority stuff I get from china says it shows up in new york.. then stays there weeks, then one day it shows up at my door, even though tracking says says it's still in NY..

I wouldn't worry too much yet.. Unless you pay for super speedy shipping (something OTHER than EMS/USPS) expect shipping times to average around 3 weeks from order to your door.
You might want to look a little closer at his first post, it doesn't look like it went thru customs.

Um. ALL international air-mail comes through NY. I never even mentioned customs in that post. Try reading what I actually said again.

Last edited:
So far the longest I had a package held was four business days.

Usually it's in and out of customs same day or next day.

You are over thinking it, you got quick shipping. Coming from Hong Kong sometimes takes 3 to 4 weeks.

Trying to figure out exactly what you are trying to say?

I am asking if the shipping is really fast or normal and if it will take a week to get here or just a few days. :D Also it said it left new york so is it going to stop somewhere and chill for a few days? Or is it on the way to my local post office?

Last edited:
If it was going to customs it would already be there. As I said in my first post, you got lucky and got fast shipping. Is it on the way to your house? We are not the postal service and I don't live in NY so I have no Idea. Be patient it will get to you.

Everything incoming from out of the country goes through customs. Only a certain percentage actually get opened and checked though unless there's something about it that throws up warning flags.

The process is usually fairly transparent and I don't think USPS tracking will even ever mention customs though I know fedex/ups/DHL tracking does when those shippers are used.

I have had some from Hong Kong that went thru USPS and it did show that it was in customs. No I dea why they would want to inspect R.C. helicopter rotor blades but they did and even left me a nice note inside the box.
That has only happend every time I order the main rotor blades, the only thing I can figure is it is due to the length of the box.

Last edited:
That's odd.. Like I said, there must be something about it that throws up flags.. probably it's size coupled with it's point or origin would be my guess. I've never seen anything I had incoming from china say it was in customs on USPS tracking. Nor have I seen any signs anything had been opened. Now with other shippers, it's on the tracking when customs gets it, and when it leaves customs.

Last edited:
Hi I ordered a laser from lazerer and got it registered so I had a tracking number, I expected to get the laser next week sometime, but I saw was that it was in Bethpage, NY which is 150 miles from where I live, mind you It was shipped 5 days ago... Is the extra week due to the laser being in customs or was it shipped really fast ? btw it was shipped via USPS (also I can't imagine it would take longer to drive 150 miles than would to fly halfway around the world... )
Also I am aware it takes some time to sort it and such but THAT long ?

Depart USPS Sort Facility-December 05, 2011-BETHPAGE, NY 11714-Registered Mail™
Processed through USPS Sort Facility-December 04, 2011, 10:03 pm
BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Processed Through Sort Facility-December 02, 2011, 1:43 pm
HONG KONG, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Acceptance-December 01, 2011, 4:46 pm--HONG KONG

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action
RB390967946HK

Man..... just wait for it....:san:

If you absolutely must have it in 1-2 days then pay the big
$$$ to get it overnight by FedEx or UPS...

I buy stuff from China all the time... then I forget about it.
It usually takes from 3 to 5 weeks for stuff t5o show up.
Then when I get a package it's been so long I forgot what
I ordered and it's like getting a Xmas gift...

I'm in Canada and I've has stuff in customs up to 6 months.
and Canada Post tracking does show when it is at Customs.

Lazerer shipped fast to me. I got my Laser in about 2 weeks.

Jerry

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP IT GOT HERE TODAY.... unfourtunatly I was not home and needed to sign for it... FUCK I need to go to the Post office now also it says I need an ID to sign for it... im 15 what kind of ID? I only have my school id... lol

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP IT GOT HERE TODAY.... unfourtunatly I was not home and needed to sign for it... FUCK I need to go to the Post office now also it says I need an ID to sign for it... im 15 what kind of ID? I only have my school id... lol

School ID would probably be OK... so long as your address is also on there, though you might be better off just asking one of your parents to pick it up.

damn only upen until 4 my parents will not be home... Maybe I will just ride my bike What do you think?