Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How hard to build/find a power supply for an argon

I have a good deal lined up to buy a 40mW argon laser, but it doesn't have a power supply. How hard would it be to build my own, or how hard are they to find? Also, how much do they usually cost? I think the brand name is "lasos"

Re: How hard to build/find a power supply for an a

ARGH ! STAY AWAY FROM LASOS ! :p Sorry for the caps - but there is a seller on Fleabay that almost ripped me off with a Lasos he SAID would work with 110/120V - Give out the model number - I have a Cyonics/Uniphase P/S - if they are compatible, and it is not from the same seller - I could test it out for you, provided you paid shipping, of course :) If it IS the same seller - most Lasos that I am aware of are powered ONLY by 220/240V, and that is it. Check the model number vs. Sam's Laser FAQ's - he is VERY thorough, and I asked him for assistance with my current Argon issues :) He's good peeps !!

Re: How hard to build/find a power supply for an a

I have seen those units on ebay too. I checked the Lasos website and I think they are all 220/240V. You may be able to buy one of their power supplies. I think you would be better off waiting for a Uniphase model.