Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How GB's work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the concept. What I don't understand fully is I'll see a GB post that looks good and peaks my interest but the post is 5 months old. How do I know if that GB is still current or even open still? Case in point. I was interested in the WL core GB. The original thread started 5 months ago and I'm not sure it is still open or not. Can the moderators here request the word "CLOSED" is put in the thread title when it is all over? Thanks!

Michael

Why not post in the thread and ask if its still going, instead of making a new thread?

Last edited:
Why not post in the thread and ask if its still going, instead of making a new thread?

Then even the newer people will find the question easily. I doubt some people don't want to read 3 months of posting only to find out the deal is done already. Very simple, if the GB is over just put the word CLOSED in the thread title. That is actually a good idea because it is used in other forums I use and works well to the advantage to everyone.

It's very simple.....

GB "X" has a 1st Post explaining what the GB is all about.
It is composed and offered by the Member that opened
that GB Thread.

Common sense dictates that contacting that Member by
PM or Posting on that GB would get you all the info you
need...:whistle:

As T_J said.... it was not necessary to open a Thread for
such a simple solution...

Jerry

Last edited:
C'mon guys you don't need to give someone flack because they asked a question...

I bet if he posted on a 5 month old GB thread you would yell at him for necroposting...

If you don't want to read his question just ignore it, don't flame someone because they don't know... I know I have asked supid/simple questions before and it's nice not having it jammed down your throat... Just my $0.02.

C'mon guys you don't need to give someone flack because they asked a question...

I bet if he posted on a 5 month old GB thread you would yell at him for necroposting...

If you don't want to read his question just ignore it, don't flame someone because they don't know... I know I have asked supid/simple questions before and it's nice not having it jammed down your throat... Just my $0.02.
Where do you see flack ???

What part of simple common sense eludes you...:thinking:
It's like me opening a Thread asking how to edit my posts....

Perhaps if you took your own advice I wouldn't be responding...:D

Oh..BTW.. at least we supplied an answer to his question....

Jerry

Last edited:
Where do you see flack ???

What part of simple common sense eludes you...:thinking:
It's like me opening a Thread asking how to edit my posts....

Perhaps if you took your own advice I wouldn't be responding...:D

Oh..BTW.. at least we supplied an answer to his question....

Jerry

Flack as in telling someone they shouldn't be opening a thread to ask a question.

I am not saying it's not common sense or easy to figure out, but sometimes you ask a question and then when you hear the answer you give yourself a dope slap for not thinking of that in the first place.. And if _YOU_ posted asking how to edit a post I think we could legally beat you to death but if a newer user does it I think we should help them out and not criticize them for not knowing something..

Tell me that you've honestly never asked a stupid question in your entire life...

I _DID_ want to read his question and I would have gladly answered it without yelling at him about opening a thread. But it was already answered TWICE so I figured me telling him the same thing a 3rd time would be pointless however I feel the level of hostility in the replies was a bit high..

Flack as in telling someone they shouldn't be opening a thread to ask a question.

I am not saying it's not common sense or easy to figure out, but sometimes you ask a question and then when you hear the answer you give yourself a dope slap for not thinking of that in the first place.. And if _YOU_ posted asking how to edit a post I think we could legally beat you to death but if a newer user does it I think we should help them out and not criticize them for not knowing something..

Tell me that you've honestly never asked a stupid question in your entire life...

I _DID_ want to read his question and I would have gladly answered it without yelling at him about opening a thread. But it was already answered TWICE so I figured me telling him the same thing a 3rd time would be pointless however I feel the level of hostility in the replies was a bit high..

That is hilarious and I agree....:crackup::crackup:
Not since I learned to use the grey matter between my
ears... and never in public....
:crackup:

No one one was yelling at him... this is YELLING !!!! :eg:
You seem to be the only one that seems to think we
were yelling...:thinking:

I have a lot of new members PM me to ask for advice
or questions when they are not sure of how to go
about doing things on the Forum... That would have
worked as well...;)

Jerry