Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do i tell my friend he is using his laser wrong

He just ordered a pair of glass's of a website and has been doing alot better with it, he is extremely forum shy kind of person some how, but ya ill keep trying to get him on here to learn more about lasers and safter :)

Well, I am glad to hear that. It sounds like he is finally coming around to take a more sensible approach. Remind him that if he really likes lasers and enjoys the hobby then safety must come first and foremost.

Denson

Well, I am glad to hear that. It sounds like he is finally coming around to take a more sensible approach. Remind him that if he really likes lasers and enjoys the hobby then safety must come first and foremost.

i did, he is just a little dumb founded i guess at times, lol

I'm glad the grape idea work out for you.
:beer:

It seems that a lot of people don't think too hard about what they do with their lasers after they get them.
It actually is a very selfish thing to do.
I have some success by reminding them that if they like their laser and might want to get another one in the future then they need to do everything they can to keep them from being made illegal or banned. Anything that might get anybody with a laser in trouble isn't good for their own self interest then.
Usually when put into a personal perspective most people take a bit more care.

Denson

ya the grape thing was funny but true at the same time, btw 50 post for me :)....

I wouldn't just break it, I'd just take it lol. Use it for myself.

But seriously, glad he's deciding to get glasses. Definitely need those. And if he still shines them at houses and stuff, definitely do something about it. I would never get over the fact of me making someone go blind. That would be terrible. And if he's not realizing it now, he'll definitely realize it if it happens.

Funny thread... Here's what I did this weekend.

There was a girl who kept asking me to play with my laser (no pun intended unfortunately:eek:).

So naturally I asked my favorite question with a deadpan face "Why?".

Her response "I want to shine it at those guys" (Points to a group of 5 people across the roof).

A little demonstration was in order... from a magician performing before there were a ton of balloon animals.

So I had her feel the balloon. Then popped the leg of the balloon puppy. Then another leg, and then of course the head:eg:

I think my murder of the balloon puppy served it's purpose, she was extremely paranoid in handling even the 80mW keychain after that, and was downright afraid of the 445nm:)

Coincidentally 3 people hit the deck with three pops going off in a row in rapid succession:evil:

Last edited:
I think the most telling thing for me was the refraction facts on high mW lasers. See, even 5% of 200mW is still 10mW, and a lot of stuff in your house is going to partially reflect back at you. I guess the closest analogy is saying something like "your laser is like a torch for your eyeballs, that's like 20,000 degrees. even a fraction of that temperature will still melt your eyeballs like a bad 70s horror film." I wish I could explain this better, but refraction is scary stuff - it doesn't have to be a polished bathroom mirror to mess you up, it could be dishes in your sink or decals on your guitar or a spoon handle or just about anything.